PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Northeast earthquake?

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Did all you in the northeast feel that a couple minutes ago?

Did not feel it, but I'm no longer up there.

Last earthquake for me was 2011, in Maine... working at Portland Radio Group.... actually was driving when it hit, so I didn't feel it. Got to the office, and everybody was freaking out. LOL

I get it, though, the epicenter for that quake was in Virginia. :oops:

Now we're in Florida... we have enough cataclysmic events here without adding in earthquakes. ;)

I was in 2 (back to back years) in Anaheim while visiting friends that were more intense but you expect them there.

This one was as big as I have felt back East.

No earthquake expert but a 4.8 seems pretty big?

40 miles from me. I didn't feel it ( in a well reinforced building)but multiple family members in the area called it " freaking terrifying" as home shook and rattled...

Need to stop all tracking immediately!!!

I read somewhere years ago that Mass. gets more earthquakes in an average year than California!
Eastern Mass. sits on a huge faultline.
But vast majority of the quakes are so small nobody ever feels them.

Felt a little shaking in Central MA but nothing crazy.
Was right on the Ramapo Fault
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 12.26.26 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-05 at 12.27.16 PM.png

I was in Stop ad Shop ... I did not know
and no fruit fell to the floor for the robot. :haha:

My house shook up here in my mountain home in Pennsylvania. Was odd, had no idea what the heck happened. It was just one brief shake though. We're about 3 hours away by car from where the earthquake hit.

No earthquake expert but a 4.8 seems pretty big?

Big enough to feel but probably not cause any significant damage.

One happened when I was in the San Francisco Bay Area years ago. The floor turned to rubber for a few seconds, pretty weird feeling.

Yeah, felt it in NY, of course. Shook the house. I thought it was strong wind (we get gale force winds regularly out here). We got another one at 6pm-ish.

Biggest for me was 2015 in Afghanistan at either 7.6 or 7.8. It shook pretty bad. I was sleeping and thought some of the guys in the unit were ****ing with the connex boxes so I shouted some expletives, threw something at the wall and went back to sleep.

I remember the one back in the 80's. I was living in New Hampshire then. It sounded, maybe felt, like a train running through a tunnel about 100 feet beneath my house. Not really that scary, just odd. As I recall, that one was about the same magnitude, four-point-something.

Blizzards, earthquakes, eclipse…

Upper New Jersey / New York City could use a good flush.
Did that guy's teeth fall out again?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back