PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL Network layoffs

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Unfortunately it looks like the league is laying off a bunch of on air talent (and I assume behind the scenes people) and one of my favorites, Mike Giardi is one of the cuts. Looks like Jim Trotter, who questioned Goodell directly in back to back years on the status of minority hiring in the NFL, is now gone as well. Rachel Bonnetta, who I personally found very annoying, is also gone after she allegedly didn't want to move to NY to host GMFB. I guess Andrew Siciliano's Direct TV version of RedZone is also getting the axe.

moraplayoffsrant.jpg

The DirecTV Red Zone thing makes sense since Sunday Ticket is going to YouTube TV.

Dang, sucks for them. But with the rise of sports betting they'll get opportunities.

NFL-N is nothing but hawt takes, social media, and yellow journalism anyways. Their best is Scott H on Red Zone - at least he is safe.

I pay cable for the "sports" package, specifically for the nfl network... never watch it... found it to be blah, just like the nfl website

Can’t believe they’re getting rid of Rachel, she was great on a lot of the shows and added a nice comedic element

They need to get rid of MJ, can’t stand how materialistic and high maintenance she is. I think she changed into like 5 different outfits for the Super Bowl during her couple hours on air

She was also pretty catty with the other female staff on the shows, you could tell she couldn’t stand them and thought she was better.. including to Cynthia freelund who has a legit skill she applies to the show with mathematics and analytics

Replace her with another person of color, but get her out of there

I pay cable for the "sports" package, specifically for the nfl network... never watch it... found it to be blah, just like the nfl website

You can get nfl network and basically every other channel on Hulu Live TV

$50/mo for first 3 months then $75/mo after

I used it during the football season and canceled shortly after

I like Giardi. Did he do something specific that I missed or do some people just not like him?

Yea I can’t stand him. Maybe it’s just his voice but I always feel like he’s talking down to patriots fans
I like Giardi. Did he do something specific that I missed or do some people just not like him?
I find him to be annoying in a general way. Sometimes the throws **** against the wall just to rile up the natives. His love affair with Jimmy G is bizarre. Hes a little too anti-BB (even back when they were going to 8 straight AFCCGs.) but I can live with that.

With that said I certainly don't take pleasure in the fact he lost his job.

I find him to be annoying in a general way. Sometimes the throws **** against the wall just to rile up the natives. His love affair with Jimmy G is bizarre. Hes a little too anti-BB (even back when they were going to 8 straight AFCCGs.) but I can live with that.

With that said I certainly don't take pleasure in the fact he lost his job.
The Italians stick together so maybe that is why I like Jimmy and Giardi lol. He also likes to mix it up on Twitter when people talk sh*t to him which I always find amusing.

The only content I take in from NFLN is some of their podcasts.

Didn't realize Rachel Bonnetta is so easy on the eyes, but she isn't easy on the ears. IMO her mouthy grrl schtick wore out quickly in the audio format, she didn't seem to add anything to the conversation other than hawt takez.

Strange how NFL keeps getting MASSIVE amounts of revenue but keeps cutting back on spending....

The NFLN podcasts have been going downhill ever since they signed their partnership with iHeart, IMO. Too many ****ing commercials.

NFL just keeps doing whatever it can do to kill the goose laying the golden eggs.

They can't be happy with a robust profit stream, they have to go after every last ****ing penny, and cheapen the product to the point it's garbage.

The only content I take in from NFLN is some of their podcasts.

Didn't realize Rachel Bonnetta is so easy on the eyes, but she isn't easy on the ears. IMO her mouthy grrl schtick wore out quickly in the audio format, she didn't seem to add anything to the conversation other than hawt takez.

Strange how NFL keeps getting MASSIVE amounts of revenue but keeps cutting back on spending....

The NFLN podcasts have been going downhill ever since they signed their partnership with iHeart, IMO. Too many ****ing commercials.

NFL just keeps doing whatever it can do to kill the goose laying the golden eggs.

They can't be happy with a robust profit stream, they have to go after every last ****ing penny, and cheapen the product to the point it's garbage.
I like the Around the NFL podcast but the ads are out of control. Half the time it's the same 3 ads read over and over 3 or 4 times over a 90 minute podcast.

I like the Around the NFL podcast but the ads are out of control. Half the time it's the same 3 ads read over and over 3 or 4 times over a 90 minute podcast.
They really miss Chris Wesseling, they could use another voice in the mix that keeps them honest.

I was hoping they would add back a fourth member, but IMO this is again the good old NFLN being cheap.

I bet the NFLN resents that they are paying three "talent" contracts, and absolutely refused to consider a fourth.

I now have to fast-forward through Dan's schtick on Pats fans. Since Jete fans have zero experience at participating in super bowls he can't imagine that a Pats fan thinks far more about the six wins than the two losses. Even making it to the SB win or lose is a such a great thrill, one that Jete fans can't comprehend. He comes across as a total ******* by switching teams to the Giants just so he can try to stick it to Pats fans. IMO he's being a turncoat loser *******. When else would a Jete fan ever root for the Gints? It's like a Yankees fan rooting for the Mets, or a Rangers fan rooting for the Islanders, or a Knicks fan rooting for the Nets. It's ********.

I've made similar points on the ATN sub-reddit, but of course people there are mostly fans of the other 31 teams so they take Dan's side. Oh well, I guess the only way to understand what it's like to be a fan of a dynasty is live through it, something Jete fans will never experience.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back