PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: MLB sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
One of the most hyped games of all-time, featuring baseball'a two most desperate franchises, incredible series and Game 7 (I finally decided to watch three innings) features a dramatic comeback and goes into extra innings, but...

RAIN DELAY

Some sprinkle mist on the field, so the game is being halted and tarps brought out. Wouldn't want these coddled millionaires to play an athletic outing in the rain. And the NFL is now losing the ratings war to THIS?

Lol.

EDIT: And A-ROD is one of the commentators!!! WTF!

Last edited:
One of the most hyped games of all-time, featuring baseball'a two most desperate franchises, incredible series and Game 7 (I finally decided to watch three innings) features a dramatic comeback and goes into extra innings, but...

RAIN DELAY

Some sprinkle mist on the field, so the game is being halted and tarps brought out. Wouldn't want these coddled millionaires to play an athletic outing in the rain. And the NFL is now losing the ratings war to THIS?

Lol.
Baseball is a tradition-strangled anachronism.

Yea wouldn't want to be facing a guy throwing 100 mph with no control because of wetness.

I remember pitching in a playoff game in Babe Ruth (ages 13-15). It started raining hard late in the game and the ump let us play. The ball was slipping out of my hand and I hit two batters. Baseball can't played when it's raining hard.

I don't know, I tuned in for the probably my third baseball game this year and you now what?..... it was a hell of a ball game.

Fine, for me it wasn't the Red Sox in 2004 but come on, you can't say that game was disappointing.

I had no skin in the game emotionally or financially and even I got worked up by the circumstances (Cubs, Indians, Tito, Epstein etc) and the crazy and unexpected swings in momentum.

It was a hell of a game and I suppose a hell of a series too.

Hats off to the Cubs ....but we're driving for 5 in 15 not 1 in 108!!!!

Go Pats.

Yea wouldn't want to be facing a guy throwing 100 mph with no control because of wetness.

Surprised the football/cricket gear companies aren't lobbying for this.

RAIN DELAY

Lol.

"Some sprinkle mist on the field".....hard to tell how much its raining from the camera. Although, when the camera aims toward the lights you can get a better idea. It was freakin pouring. I muted the pre and post game analysis as I did not want to listen to A-rod or a guy who bet on baseball (way to go FOX). Theo is now a baseball God. Good series.

I can't speak for the NHL because I know more about rodeo than I do hockey, but the NFL isn't remotely close to MLB and the NBA in terms of being professionally run by classy and competent commissioners and league offices. They're far from perfect, but they're in another universe compared with the fraudulent ****show being run by Goodell and the owners.

It wasn't a great series other than the drama of ending long title droughts for the two teams. Lots of errors, mediocre pitching for the most part, bad baserunning and constant over managing. I'm really happy for whoever won. Congratulations Chicaland or Clevago. You deserved this, now, how about your fans go out and trash the city....

Chicagoland Scanner (@CFGScanner) | Twitter

Chicagoland Scanner ‏@CFGScanner 6h6 hours ago

CPD - Waveland & Clark St - fans have taken over the street, bottles being thrown everywhere. 23:54 #ChicagoScanner

RAIN DELAY

Lol.

Here was past 2 am i didn't see the last inning :(

Yeah! It's not like the NFL would ever let their championship game get delayed because someone tripped over an electrical cord!

There were hardly any lights in the Superdome.

You cant be serious. The Ice Bowl? The Snow Bowl? The game at Gillette vs Miami when Bruschi was throwing snow in the air?

Good for the Cubs... cool for about a minute but back to football.
GettyImages-97263421.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back