PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mess in Chicago

The problem in Chicago is you have a 98 year old owner. Let's start there. And then the chairman of the team is the owner's son.

And the Real problem is that neither of them has fired their GM yet.

Again this is just a bad franchise doing dumb things. I could be wrong here, I'm not checking but Fields didn't really get any reps with the starters this summer?? Again I could be wrong but they had a plan to go with Dalton early on, which is understandable considering Nagy was/is on the hot seat.

With that said, they start him week 3 I believe behind a bad OL, not sure if Peters made it that long but they signed him off the street a few weeks before to protect w/e QB was back there. And Nagy's offense which hasn't exactly produced no matter the QB (Foles, Trubisky, Dalton) so you can't expect a dramatic difference under those circumstances early on. Another thing one could point to is targets. Go compare and see who you'd rather have there. Mooney and Montgomery and little else.

I haven't been watching the Bears that closely but have watched a few Fields games and he's not bad at all. He has his issues but there's several examples of two WR running the same or wrong routes. I'd blame it on Nagy but some of the guys the have taken reps should aren't exactly it (Marquise Goodwin, Damiere Byrd, Jakeem Grant) and remember Allen Robinson?? Again these guys are barely hanging on or shouldn't even be on a roster in 2021/22.

Fields isn't the problem there lol. He's literally the one bright spot and only reason anyone would want to go there.

*side note*
They have to do something with Mack and some others. I mean it goes back to poor planning and being a slap-**** franchise. They're trying to start over while hanging onto the past (Foles/Dalton and now Fields) but are in full rebuild mode imo whether they know it or not. They had a small window and missed. Both offense and defense need a lot of work.
Mack is counting something like 30M next year. They have restructure and do something with that. I'm NOT a cap guy so if anyone knows their stuff please jump in.
I think it's possible they could eat a good deal of 2022 to get rid of future years?? Could you restructure that down to under 20M with Chicago eating a decent chunk?
Could someone trade for him, say a 3rd. Be on the hook for 80-90% of that restructure and again it's essentially a one year deal getting rid of anything past 2022.

Mack has always been and is still a well rounded player. Great against the run, can rush with power and finesse. Long shot but Mack opposite Judon with Barmore in the middle could be fun.

Not surprised if this is true and yes Nagy sucks but wow someone anonymous in the locker room really leaked something like this to the media. Yikes.

I’d hate that if that happened here.

Bears have always been a sh*tshow. Even when they won the Super Bowl (you're not welcome for not starting Grogan)

Everyone always freaked about problems the Patriots had.

But we still won and other teams were much worse and had worse ownership/off field crap.
RKK deserves a lot of the heat he's gotten recently but I'm grateful that Jonathan got to see what he saw.

What I mean by that is a lot of owners in today's game want quick fixes and have little patience. A lot are coming from or only have experience in the financial world and simply don't know it takes to win in terms of sacrifice and discipline. And haven't been around longer enough to know what a winner looks like. Both collectively and individually.

I'm glad we'll never go through a big change there.

RKK deserves a lot of the heat he's gotten recently but I'm grateful that Jonathan got to see what he saw.

What I mean by that is a lot of owners in today's game want quick fixes and have little patience. A lot are coming from or only have experience in the financial world and simply don't know it takes to win in terms of sacrifice and discipline. And haven't been around longer enough to know what a winner looks like. Both collectively and individually.

Ooops.

First: Brilliant to buy & keep the stadium property, buy the team & hire Belichick.

Um, the rest, you described Robert. Participating in and perpetuating the destruction of our logo/uniforms/identity established for 32 years...driving Parcells out of town...making Bledsoe the highest paid player while comparing him to Williams, Orr & Russell...

But you must credit Kraft for a) setting the standard of winning a championship (he likes to congratulate himself for making SB31 but that was a team he inherited) and not keeping Carroll.

Can't forget he forever dismisses/denigrates the accomplishments of the very team he bought. He wishes he purchased an expansion team. This complicity and empowerment of the AntiPatriots jihad fuels it and the (three so far) fake scandals with sadistic penalties for barely existent/made up infractions.

not quite... goes a little bit further down the rabbit hole that that... Hugh Culverhouse was trying to recruit Jackson to the Bucs instead of baseball... picked him up in a private plane,flew him to Tampa, wined and dined him... Jackson violated NCAA rules, and was not eligible to finish out his baseball season with Georgia... that ticked him off... He swore he would never play for Tampa after that debacle... so he played baseball, his rights reverted, and the Raiders picked him up the next year, granting him permission to play both sports...
That all happened, but what pissed Jackson off was Hugh Culverhouse's racist language.

So much for the Andy Reid coaching tree.

Nagy never got the OL fixed.

The Bears have talent on both sides of the ball.

Robinson is a stud and so is Montgomery.
Mooney would really light it up with a good QB.
Kemet has all the tools but is like a ghost on that team.

The defense has plenty of talent. Losing Mack was huge though.

A report on PFT claims Fields has a few cracked ribs and a MRI showed additional issues. However the idiot Bears claim he should return shortly.

There’s no way they can keep this “offensive genius” if they lose to an 0-9-1 Lions team today on national TV.

They are going to ruin that kid.
Bears GM Ryan Pace had a PC this morning and said- "I think at the end we're really fortunate that it's nothing long-term; it's definitely not an IR thing. It's more of a day-to-day thing". IMO Pace feels he needs Fields to play again and play well to save his job.

Touchdown!

Patriots’ fans should be thankful for Bob Kraft. He’s the primary reason the franchise is still in New England. He hired Pete Carroll and BB and he learned to let his football employees make most of the football decisions. He built PP. These achievements and others probably make him better than any NFL owner.

I agree with what you said and that Bendover Bob is the best owner by far. That is not saying much. Glad we have him and not the other 31.

Bears GM Ryan Pace had a PC this morning and said- "I think at the end we're really fortunate that it's nothing long-term; it's definitely not an IR thing. It's more of a day-to-day thing". IMO Pace feels he needs Fields to play again and play well to save his job.
You are prob right. They need to demonstrate the pick was a good investment. Can't afford to exercise patience.

Rinse. Repeat.

I worked in Chicago for many years. It’s a city of mediocrity with a team to match.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back