PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Last Undefeated Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panthers will lose to the Giants, imo, but I'd prefer they go undefeated and then lose in the SB to us because that would be the next best thing to going undefeated and winning it all ourselves.

Which I really thought would have happened if not for all those goddamn injuries.

Predicted NFC seedings:

1. Carolina
2. Arizona
3. Green Bay
4. NFC East dreck
5. Seattle
6. Minnesota

WC Round
GB over Minnesota
Sea over NFC East

Setting up these divisional round matchups:

Seattle at Carolina
Green Bay at Arizona

That's a pair of awesome matchups.

Carolina likely will have to beat both Seattle and Arizona to make it to the Super Bowl, where they'll (hopefully) play the Pats for a shot at 19-0. That's an incredibly tough three-game stretch.

Seattle maybe could put up a fight against them in the playoffs, but I don't see them winning. For one, it would be in Carolina and not Seattle. For another, the Panthers have exactly the personnel to take advantage of the lack of quality interior pass protection that has been plaguing the Seahawks throughout the season. I think the team that would give them the toughest game is Arizona.

Predicted NFC seedings:

1. Carolina
2. Arizona
3. Green Bay
4. NFC East dreck
5. Seattle
6. Minnesota

WC Round
GB over Minnesota
Sea over NFC East

Seattle at Carolina
Green Bay at Arizona

Carolina likely will have to beat both Seattle and Arizona to make it to the Super Bowl, where they'll (hopefully) play the Pats for a shot at 19-0. That's an incredibly tough three-game stretch.

That conference is loaded.

The #4 seed could just be your New York Football Giants.

Panthers will lose to the Giants, imo, but I'd prefer they go undefeated and then lose in the SB to us because that would be the next best thing to going undefeated and winning it all ourselves.

Which I really thought would have happened if not for all those goddamn injuries.

Agreed with us going 16-0 if it weren't for injuries. That really bothers me. Also, I kinda want the panthers to lose before the playoffs so they don't tie our 16-0 undefeated record. I have to admit I'm also intrigued by the idea of us beating them in the SB and being the ones to spoil it tho... But that's assuming we both make it and that's far from guaranteed so....

Predicted NFC seedings:

1. Carolina
2. Arizona
3. Green Bay
4. NFC East dreck
5. Seattle
6. Minnesota

WC Round
GB over Minnesota
Sea over NFC East

Seattle at Carolina
Green Bay at Arizona

I really hope that Minnesota gets the 5, just because it's makes the wild card games more interesting. Minnesota would definitely lose in Wisconsin and Seattle would throttle the nfc east team, but Seattle in gb would be fun and giants v Viking would as well

Anything can happen in the playoffs. That's the beauty of the NFL. It's win or go home, no 7 game series to make up for one bad night. The best team in the world can have an off night (cough 2007 Patriots) and lose to a 6th seed who finished 8-8. It's a lot different to win games against your weak division and bad teams than it is to win 3 or 4 straight against the league's best.

This seems to be forgotten every single year, especially here, where we're used to winning.

They going to go 19-0 so Don Shula's son can have a perfect season just like Daddy. Courtesy of the WWNFL.

Exactly why I predicted a team like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, or Indy as the SB winner this year. I always assumed they'd want a "pretty" franchise to turn the attention back to where they wanted it.

They should be, IMO. Because the Panthers lack a bunch of big-name players at skill positions, and because Newton isn't as established as Brady was, people aren't taking them as seriously. Also hurts their case that they their passing game isn't consistently flashy, although it sure has been for the past month.

I will say this: the Panthers right now are a better football team than the '07 Pats were as of week 15. The Patriots were starting to wear down at this point, and were getting hit by a couple of key injuries. The Panthers seem to be peaking, and have been remarkably lucky on the injury front. It'll be interesting to see how they handle Jonathan Stewart getting hurt; if CAP comes in and dominates they might just be in team-of-destiny territory.

It is not because of the lack of big-name players that people don't take them seriously but because they played one of the easiest schedules you could have ever asked for. All three teams in their division are complete trash, then they played the AFC South and NFC East which are both similar dumpster fires. They have only 2 wins against formidable opponents but even those come with asterisks.. They caught Seattle exactly at the right time and survived against a GB team that shortly after lost at home to the Lions and the Thanksgiving game to the Bears.

Excuse me for not being impressed by that.

This seems to be forgotten every single year, especially here, where we're used to winning.

Though also the opposite. Sure, home field advantage and a bye improves the odds, but it hardly makes a Super Bowl trip inevitable. One only needs recall 2010, when the Patriots had the best team in the league and then lost to a far inferior division rival on a horrible night in the divisional round. But it also means you can win the Super Bowl as that 6th seed, which never happens in other sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand