PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Last Undefeated Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I hate those things where you have to click 25 times. What's the summary--how many of those teams won the Super Bowl?
Superbowl winners:
2006 Colts
1999 Rams
1998/1997 Broncos
1995 Cowboys
1991 Redskins

I'd say ONE, since Miami has been crowing about it for as long as I can remember. I don't believe you can be undefeated and lose the SB :D

Last edited:
I think Arizona will be a tough match up for the panthers (and NE if both meet in the SB).

I think Arizona will be a tough match up for the panthers (and NE if both meet in the SB).

Seattle could definitely give them a game too. They're starting to play well at the right time, and we know they can win in the playoffs.

Seattle could definitely give them a game too. They're starting to play well at the right time, and we know they can win in the playoffs.
I was thinking about Seattle too. They will likely face the NFC East winner. That should be a win-Although, they used to play much better at home than on the road.

I was thinking about Seattle too. They will likely face the NFC East winner. That should be a win-Although, they used to play much better at home than on the road.

I think if Washington or Philly wins the East, Seattle will roll them. The Giants... maybe it's just the trauma talking, but I always feel like when they make the playoffs they're dangerous, even if logic doesn't back that up this year.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. That's the beauty of the NFL. It's win or go home, no 7 game series to make up for one bad night. The best team in the world can have an off night (cough 2007 Patriots) and lose to a 6th seed who finished 8-8. It's a lot different to win games against your weak division and bad teams than it is to win 3 or 4 straight against the league's best.

I don't know why but the Panthers just seem like a perfect candidate to go 16-0 in the regular season and then get blown out in the divisional round of the playoffs.

I don't know why but the Panthers just seem like a perfect candidate to go 16-0 in the regular season and then get blown out in the divisional round of the playoffs.
I think Carolina goes 16-0

I think Carolina goes 16-0
If they beat the Giants I see them doing it! I just don't see them going 19-0 though! People aren't talking about the Panthers like they did the Pats in 2007! If I could remember New England had a ton of primetime games at the end of that season! I'm wondering if Carolina wins on Sunday will their final 2 games get flexed to Sunday night!

Man, I hate those things where you have to click 25 times. What's the summary--how many of those teams won the Super Bowl?

2006 Colts were the last one, and before that it was the '99 Rams, '98 Broncos, and '97 Broncos.

So if you want to put the most anti-Panthers spin possible on it, it's happened once in the past 15 years.

If they beat the Giants I see them doing it! I just don't see them going 19-0 though! People aren't talking about the Panthers like they did the Pats in 2007! If I could remember New England had a ton of primetime games at the end of that season! I'm wondering if Carolina wins on Sunday will their final 2 games get flexed to Sunday night!

They should be, IMO. Because the Panthers lack a bunch of big-name players at skill positions, and because Newton isn't as established as Brady was, people aren't taking them as seriously. Also hurts their case that they their passing game isn't consistently flashy, although it sure has been for the past month.

I will say this: the Panthers right now are a better football team than the '07 Pats were as of week 15. The Patriots were starting to wear down at this point, and were getting hit by a couple of key injuries. The Panthers seem to be peaking, and have been remarkably lucky on the injury front. It'll be interesting to see how they handle Jonathan Stewart getting hurt; if CAP comes in and dominates they might just be in team-of-destiny territory.

Last edited:
Meh, means nothing. I think the last shot the panthers have of losing in the regular seasons comes this week against the giants. If they win that, I think they go 16-0.

So if you want to put the most anti-Panthers spin possible on it, it's happened once in the past 15 years.
I like that… Once this century, and only then because the Pats didn't complete a 3rd and 4.

Carolina is a great team that has been extraordinarily healthy. I would say Arizona and Seattle should have an advantage, but home field may be enough to get them through.

If they are missing a couple guys this weekend as expected, I could see the giants grabbing a win.

I bet white and Bolden split carries, maybe we will have two hundred yard rushers.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes