PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Lamar back in BAL

thank god the lamar jackson bs is over i know it wont stop the mac hate but when they draft a 7 round qb the haters will continue to hate on mac its a no win for that guy

Wa
Lamar is a winner. Excellent winning percentage and his team does nothing but lose without him. Depending on what OBJ has left, and the impact of adding an explosive WR like Flowers, this should be Lamar's best supporting cast (which really isn't saying much). If Lamar gets in a fully healthy season then I'm expecting an MVP caliber performance. He's a great football player and a fierce competitor. Honestly I'm surprised that Lamar and the Ravens were able to get past their differences. After all when you make a trade request, and then make it publicly known, that's not usually a good sign. I'm glad they worked it out and they're trying to put some better pieces around him.
Exactly!!!!!! Correct!!

It's becuase his owner and GM are realistic enough to know what they have.. the guys phenomenal as I've stated injuries are the only thing that have kept him off the field not his play. I used to think past tense he couldn't throw until I saw his growth.. he has a rocket arm ,accuracy.. he breaks down defenses so much guys are always open. That 2019 MVP season was one for the ages.. & that MVP was won in his second season..

I enjoy watching him.. he brings excitement to the game! He is also an excellent young man off the field. I have family in Maryland they have told me he's beloved in the area and in the community.

LMAOOO

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
I sure can question his mindset when he did not even traveled with the team.
That's fine. I'm not worried about it. They've resolved their differences and both have committed to the other long term.

As for the regular season record. Sure, he is a great athlete and his skillset will help him win games in the regular season. Look at him in big games, he is not a winner. Could he be one? Sure. Has not happened yet and nothing tells me he has what it takes to adjust his game when quality opponents take away what he does best.
It hasn't happened yet but that doesn't mean it won't. You're skeptical, I'm not. He's a tremendous athlete, a great football player, and a former NFL MVP as a quarterback. The team is finally assembling some nice pieces around him so we'll see how that pays off.

I understand why the Ravens re-signed him, but I sure am glad he is not a Patriot today. I have no confidence he will ever play at MVP level again nor that he will still be effective 3 years down the line. Runnning QBs do not last unless they adjust. He better start adjusting VERY soon.
He's never had a serious injury and he'll be 100% healthy for the 2023 season. I wanted the Patriots to draft him and then trade for him this offseason (when he was clearly available for a time period). I don't understand how anyone would prefer Mac Jones over Jackson. The separation in talent and ceiling is enormous.

It's certainly getting bizarre in this era of the NFL you can get injured and get rewarded with a lot of money.
Why should players assume 100% of the injury risk?

I have no problem with him getting paid.

But it's a team sport with a salary cap. You can't say you're about the team if you're getting such a significant percent of the salary cap.
Of course he can. That's like saying a GM hates players because he keeps cutting some of them.

The owners are billionaires and somehow it is up to the players with a shelf life of a few years to take less for the team?

Nobody ever says the owners are not team players because they don't raise the % of revenue.

It's amazing how the NFL has built a narrative that a player who demands his value is not a team player while their team value keeps increasing like crazy and how some fans just gobble it up.

That's fine. I'm not worried about it. They've resolved their differences and both have committed to the other long term.

It hasn't happened yet but that doesn't mean it won't. You're skeptical, I'm not. He's a tremendous athlete, a great football player, and a former NFL MVP as a quarterback. The team is finally assembling some nice pieces around him so we'll see how that pays off.

He's never had a serious injury and he'll be 100% healthy for the 2023 season. I wanted the Patriots to draft him and then trade for him this offseason (when he was clearly available for a time period). I don't understand how anyone would prefer Mac Jones over Jackson. The separation in talent and ceiling is enormous.
As I said, it is not a Mac vs Lamar discussion.

If all things were equal, would I take Lamar over Mac Jones for 2023? Yes. But if I have to factor in 1) price of acquisition, 2) contract we would have to pay Lamar. Then, yeah, I would rather take my chance with Mac and see what I really have now that we have a competent offensive staff in place. If it fails, you can go the Jets way and trade for a known commodity OR go back in the draft.

i wouldnt take lamar over hugh millen he is a rb playing qb

Yeah, "guarantees" that won't be triggered if player is not on the roster on X day of X league year, etc etc... big difference...
Yet I heard a NFL Media guy say "$185M guaranteed" today, which is just wrong.

That's absolutely right. The owners are absurdly rich. We all know this. But the players also agreed to a salary cap which they have to operate with, as well. And if they agreed to the salary cap, then they should understand how it works. Should the players get paid more? Sure, negotiate an increase in the salary cap. But until that happens, there is a limited pool of money to spend on players.

i'm at a point where i just can't make sense of the NFL anymore. I can somewhat understand the Hurts contract. He did just get them to the superbowl. But HITH can you keep paying the QB's more and more when they've really not accomplished much. Jackson has one playoff win, which he really didn't do much in that game as far as putting it on his back and leading them to a win. He hasn't played a full season in the last 2 years and I can't see any way he will win you a SB. Joe Burrow is coming up. I could justify him with a similar contract to Hurts, but you know he's going to get more than Jackson. Then you have Herbert. He's a good QB but hasn't won a SB so how can you justify giving him more than Hurts or Burrow. to me it's just insanity but at least it's not my money as i don't attend games or buy NFL sunday ticket.

QBs used to have to win a Superbowl to get to the top eschelon of contracts

certainly not anymore

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST