PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Kyler Murray gets paid

That is an interesting philosophical question. IMHO the answer is yes when the voidable clause is completely in the player's control.
I don't know.

Imagine a contract for Josh Gordon that was fully guaranteed so long as he didn't use drugs or alcohol...

I do not want this player. If you need to have that clause for 4h per week ? C’m’on. Loser. Now we know why he’s been a fading loser each season.

This is a pretty interesting clause the Cardinals inserted in his contract...

A Homework clause... meaning the Cardinals don't think he does enough to prepare for his games week in week out... per florio, if he doesnt do his "independent study", the Cardinals can void his contract guarantees...

That clause says a **** ton ... Could you imagine plunking 160m guaranteed on the table and having to actually hold your QB's feet to the fire with a clause like that... pretty damning... the phrase "I don't trust you" comes to mind

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Four hours a week??? Oh my god....

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You can't be that stupid or ill-informed.
Intelligence and/or information aren't necessarily deciding factors in a courtroom.

We can all think of plenty of cases where they were not.

Intelligence and/or information aren't necessarily deciding factors in a courtroom.

We can all think of plenty of cases where they were not.
orange juice oj GIF

Kyler Murray might be a savant. I have no idea. But not being able to reliably put in film work on a weekly basis speaks to his commitment to actually getting better because if you haven’t noticed he’s not exactly All Pro.

Reports for the last couple years is Murray is the last one to arrive and the first to leave, he has admitted he doesn’t study a lot of film, yup let’s make this the guy we pay. They can monitor if he’s doing the extra work by what he knows at the end of the week.
The Raiders suspected that JaMarcus Russell wasn’t studying the playbook, so to test their theory they gave him a blank CD and told him to study the material, the next day they asked him about it and Russell said he studied it and he’s good to go.

Mac probably gets his 4 hours in before breakfast on Monday. Say what you will about Cam, but it seemed like he worked his rear off while he was here. Even won head to head against Murray in '20 despite being equally banged up.

Say what you will about Cam, but it seemed like he worked his rear off while he was here.

I don't think anyone had an issue with how Cam comported himself when he was here... It was just that he couldn't play at an high average level anymore... i think that shoulder injury in 2018 effectively killed his career...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Four hours a week??? Oh my god....

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

yea at first i thought it was 4 hours a day, i almost spit my drink out when i realized it was a WEEK lol... Players like Mac Jones, Brady, etc that put in the work must look at QBs like him in disgust lol.. He's still in a college mentality where he thinks he can hit a kegger, bang some chicks then show up on the field and get wins with his athletic ability

Really amazing that they had to put a clause like that into a contract worth that kind of money... you only give those contracts to blue collar people who come and put the work in, day in and day out that set a tone for others to follow

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Kyler too busy playing COD

Only the Cardinals (or maybe the Browns or Lions) could give a guy a near-record contract worth almost a quarter billion dollars, and he's pissed off the very next day.... :haha::haha::haha:

Looks like when it comes to the clause in the contract Kyler and the Cardinals GM didn't see eye to eye.

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

The internet forced the Cardinals into ripping up that clause. I’m very happy. I’m looking forward to more of this…

Last edited:
after his little "boo hoo, picking on me" press conference, i'm predicting he'll be gone or relegated to some obscure backup in 3 years. This entitled generation will be the death of us all.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back