PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Justin Fields: Chicago weather is difficult to adjust to, I hope Bears get a dome

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
TB12 embraced the local weather as a competitive advantage even though he said many times that he did not like the weather himself. Worrying about how the weather impacts him personally reflects a passive mentality and not the win at all costs perspective needed by an NFL QB.

I used to love that the Patriots play outdoors. But as I've grown older, that love has faded. Those frigid playoff games suck. I would be very happy if the Patriots had a dome. But I know that will never happen so...

What's the problem here? Fields didn't say anything that isn't true. He didn't say he was going to **** out and sit on the bench by the heaters. Guess what, Brady hated the New England winters too, especially in the later seasons, and he did cartwheels over the opportunity to play in Florida. True, he never complained about while in a Patriots uniform, because that's not his style, but he made it clear afterward that he didn't like it.

Plus Fields is really talking about the wind at Solder Field, which is notoriously bad. And once the new Bears stadium is completed, Fields will be playing in a dome, so I can see him looking forward to that in conversation.

Another ****ing ****y QB heard-from.

Vegas giving 75% chance he gets traded. This isn’t just smoke.

If there was any doubts about the Patriots decision not to trade up to get him in the draft this should remove them all. IMO

Should take him off everyone's radar.

He is aware you play at least 8 games on the road, right?

Bingo. Guys with mentalities like that are more concerned with their aggregate season stats than they are with winning. 8 games in a dome can make your overall numbers look great, but you're rolling the dice in any playoff game depending on the matchup.

Vegas giving 75% chance he gets traded. This isn’t just smoke.

He could be a Dark Horse QB for the Jets I don't think Justin Fields is as bad as people are making him out to be he's sill very young. It's also said that he's been hindered by a dysfunctional Coaching staff similar to ours last year.

The Chicago Bears are run by a bunch of goons. Their roster is a total disgrace. So trade your promising young franchise QB? I know I'm in the minority here defending Fields and projecting him for a solid NFL career, but do the Bears have any sort of sensible plan for the future of their franchise? Doesn't appear that way.

So we're possibly looking at Jackson to Miami and Fields to NYJ... where would that leave the Patriots in the division hierarchy?

The Bear are building a dome without a retractable roof.

My buddy is from Chicago and told me last night that the cost of a sliding roof is cost prohibitive.

If there was any doubts about the Patriots decision not to trade up to get him in the draft this should remove them all. IMO

I wouldn't have traded anything to move up for him either... But I still would've taken him ahead of Corky.

I wouldn't have traded anything to move up for him either... But I still would've taken him ahead of Corky.
That’s fair. I like fields but not at the cost of 15 plus next years 1. Still don’t think Fields takes us to the level of the best AFC teams currently.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back