PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Josh McDaniels Fired

To be fair he's a good OC, just not head coach material, that should be obvious by now.
Agree… but his exodus had a big hand in what’s going on. Don’t you think ?

McDaniels is hired twice now with the idea to improve an already established offense only to blow it up. He replaced Cutler with Tebow who couldn't hit the side of a barn and then replaced Carr with Jimmy(humpty dumpty). I'm convinced that if he was to become the coach of the Chiefs today he'd find a way to push Mahommes out the door. Strangely, the teams that fired him did find success fairly quickly.

Josh reminds me of Dwight from the office. Pretty good employee who should never be in charge lol.

Glazer’s report:
The big thing was last Thursday, there was this big airing of the grievance meeting, and players just unloaded on Josh McDaniels -- from captain to captain, to player to player. And finally, Josh McDaniels actually had Antonio Pierce get up and speak on behalf of him and the coaches. When Antonio Pierce got up there, he said, look guys, we have to have our own control. It's gotta be about culture here. And we also have to look at it -- and he brought up the old Giants team that beat the Patriots, Josh McDaniels' team in the Super Bowl in the 2007 season. He said no matter who we played, we thought we could beat them. We had a game plan that we could beat them. We had to believe that, and that's not here. We have to believe it here at the Raiders that we can beat anybody.

Well he finishes up that speech, everybody thinks they're great, except for Josh McDaniels. Josh McDaniels then goes over to him and says, 'Don't ever talk about the Patriots like that.' And then you really saw how divided that building got. That got up to Mark Davis, and I think Mark Davis looked at it and said OK, I'm gonna choose the guy who believes that we can win every single week, and that's what his plan is going to be.

Josh still loves us lolol

Glazer’s report:

Josh still loves us lolol
Yeah it’s weird but I guess I will take it. Josh is born and bred a Patriot I suppose. This makes me think it would be strange for him NOT to return by next year if Bill is still here, and maybe even if he isn’t.

I can see why Josh is sensitive to Super Bowl 42 as he got his pants dropped by Spagnolo. He admitted he had no answers for what Spags threw at him.

I wish Josh good luck in his future endeavors. Hope he stays west of the Mississippi

Yup. That's the truth. I think Hillis flirted with his wife. Folks in Denver thought it was great fun. They hated Josh and were celebrating the potential breakup of his marriage.
If you're interested, the Defector article about Josh was pretty good.

If you're interested, the Defector article about Josh was pretty good.
Confirms what Shannon Sharpe said a while ago that McDaniels was hated in Denver.

I would’ve liked him to go into more detail on why Cutler, Marshall and Scheffler made him uncomfortable, but I have a feeling why. They were a tight group and Josh wanted to break that up.

More stuff Josh did like “calling guys out in meetings, making them stand up and recite mantras and cuss them out if they couldn’t” just shows how out of touch and delusional Josh, Matt and others from the Bill tree are.

Another interesting quote is “Clearly a good football team is more than merely its clever Xs and Os.” He’s basically saying you need talent.

Also, “Ultimately, this should be a lesson to everyone in the sports world. If you don’t have the respect of your team, it doesn’t matter how clever you are on the ****ing whiteboard. Coaching is about connecting with other humans.” This relates to the question being brought up with Bill.

The rumors of Josh being bullied by Tom sounds about right. He sounds like a beta male.

Last edited:
Josh is a guy masquerading as an alpha male but apparently is deeply insecure and apparently isn't always up front with his intentions. The Athletic had a good article last year about them moving on from Derek Carr and how Carr really bought into what McDaniels was doing and helped keep the locker room aligned with vision. Apparently McDaniels basically pulled the rug out from under Carr and that rubbed some in the locker room the wrong was as it did with Carr as well. Josh just doesn't know how to deal with people and if you're going to be a jerk at least be transparent.

screen-shot-2018-02-06-at-11_opt.png

To save ya'll the trouble.

She does have that nympho/cheater chin and jaw.

screen-shot-2018-02-06-at-11_opt.png

To save ya'll the trouble.

She does have that nympho/cheater chin and jaw.

Is that his wife? Yeah I ****ed her... She told me she was married but not to whom, so I ****ed her anyway...

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back