PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Josh Gordon checking into rehab. Doubt he plays WK 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thank God for the Browns."

- Jet fans

I have to repeat something I saw here recently. Jets fans wish they were the Browns.

As for Josh Gordon, it's an absolute disgrace that the NYJFL can take away a player's career for drinking or smoking a little weed, but Jim Irsay can be caught with a trunk full of drugs and can go on making millions.

I read the article on NFL.com and they said that there's a real chance that Gordon doesn't play for the Browns again, so you know what that means :D, hopefully he's good to go for the 2017 season and signs with us haha it could be 2007 on steroids, Imagine if Calvin Johnson comes out of retirement and joins us as well
New England Patriots Class Of 2017:
Tom Brady
Rob Gronkowski
Martellus Bennett (Assuming he comes back, i think he will)
Calvin Johnson
Josh Gordan
Julian Edelman
Chris Hogan
Dion Lewis
LeGarrette Blount

The words "supports" n Support system" were constantly used in reference to Gordon. But if you're an addict all u care about is where n when your next taste is coming. U don't care about Football. Anyone thinking of Gordon n football, let alone the Pats r foolish

So where are all those people that wanted to trade a high draft pick for this guy, or trade Logan Ryan?

How would that have worked out for us....

So where are all those people that wanted to trade a high draft pick for this guy, or trade Logan Ryan?

How would that have worked out for us....

I think he's trying to get out of Cleveland, hell i would have a drug/substance abuse problem if i played for Cleveland :D

It's a sad story. Reading more about the situation, it truly sounds like he has made serious changes to try and correct his life.

I hope he does find a place that can provide him the support he needs. Football outcome is secondary at this point.

That sucks, fun guy to watch

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Well the timing on this is awfully suspect. I wonder if he failed/missed a test or something, and this was the alternative to getting re-suspended.

Either way, it's the right call. Anyone who struggles this much--and is willing to lose this much--for the sake of booze or any other drug clearly needs help.

Id say timing is perfect:
just before he should enter the game without QB and team prospect for the season
the season before he becomes FA

he has nothing to prove on the field - re. his possible first big contract
and a lot to prove off the field

smart move for himself - especially if can come to his senses

Well the timing on this is awfully suspect. I wonder if he failed/missed a test or something, and this was the alternative to getting re-suspended.

Either way, it's the right call. Anyone who struggles this much--and is willing to lose this much--for the sake of booze or any other drug clearly needs help.

This was my thought as well, he failed another test and they told him he either goes into rehab or misses at least another season.

Remember what Goodell did for Joshie.. then compare to his craziness about #12... he likes Josh, so he dislikes Brady???

Goodell called agent Drew Rosenhaus on Monday and explained that Goodell specifically opted to craft an outcome that allows Gordon to return to the team with the most support possible, despite the decision to keep him off the field for four additional weeks.

“He wants to give Josh another opportunity,He liked Josh and wants to help him and he deserves another chance.”

Last edited:
5578c5ddd890056834de208422f114c6.jpg
This was my thought as well, he failed another test and they told him he either goes into rehab or misses at least another season.

He's done in Cleveland, but do they give him the pink slip this year. Or do they wait intill offseason

Id say timing is perfect:
just before he should enter the game without QB and team prospect for the season
the season before he becomes FA

he has nothing to prove on the field - re. his possible first big contract
and a lot to prove off the field

smart move for himself - especially if can come to his senses

You think it's better for a guy's FA prospects to enter rehab right as he's scheduled to rejoin the team rather than play with a QB that everyone knows is bad? The one year he was good came with Jason Campbell,
Brandon Weeden, and Brian Hoyer under center, btw - not like this is new territory.

If he wanted to increase his value in FA, the only way to do that was to get on the field and provide examples of why he was worth offering a big contract that weren't 3+ years old. If he wanted to tank his value in FA, further demonstrating that he has substance abuse issues is about the surest way to do that.

Remember what Goodell did for Joshie.. then compare to his craziness about #12... he likes Josh, so he dislikes Brady???

Brady didn't kiss the ring and worship at the altar of Roger. He dared to question the Almighty Roger's authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe