PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets suspend Sal Alosi indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a crock. Since when is a strength coach dictating anything? I never thought the 'lineup" was planned.

You never thought the lineup was planned? :confused:

How can you look at that footage with every toe nudged right up to the line, all six of them in their outfits standing shoulder to shoulder with their hands in their pockets and think that this is just the way guys on the sideline watch a football game?

At any rate, I expect your gullability level has just gone down some based on this latest information.

Alosi was not exactly a choir boy when he was in school either:

8 students charged with fighting over a woman

Eight Hofstra University students, including three football players, were arrested on assault charges Sunday and Monday for allegedly pushing their way into a dorm room early Sunday morning and beating up three students.

Nassau County Police said Douglas Larsen, 20, Sal Alosi, 21, Leo Alvez, 21, Otto Brito, 22, Thomas Caputo, 22, Michael Curry, 19, Martin Haber, 22, and Seth Mittman, 22, were charged with third-degree assault, a class A misdemeanor, and ordered to appear in court March 23.

"One of the victims was a bouncer at a local bar who is going out with a girl who used to date a football player," said Nassau Third Squad Det. Sgt. Dennis Barry. "The football player had his guys to back him up and they initiated the fight, so they were the ones arrested."

Lawrence Kelly, attorney for one of the victims, said the attackers sneaked past security in Cambridge Hall by climbing through a first-floor window.

One of the students who was attacked and asked not to be identified, said he and four friends were watching a movie in his dorm when they answered a knock at the door.

"They told me to come outside, and I said no," the student said. "I turned to walk back into my room, and someone struck me on the left side of the head. I fell on the bed, and they all just came right in, shut the TV off and attacked me and two of my friends." The other two friends were not attacked.

He said that on Friday, the same group of men had threatened him and his friends by calling on the phone and pounding on the door.

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by inactive players. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Coach Ryan? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Nolan Carroll, and you curse the Jets. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Nolan Carroll’s tripping, while tragic, probably saved field position. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves field position. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at press conferences, you want me on that sideline wall, you need me on that sideline wall.

Great stuff bud. You had me rolling.

so is the league planning to take no action at all? not going to fine the team or anything?

Right now on WFAN, New York sports radio, Mike Francesa, the big honcho of sports radio, probably the most credible & most influential of ALL national sports radio hosts, is KILLING The Jets for this right now. He just got back from a few day vacation and he's going off about it.
He's saying Rex Ryan, the sideline coaches, and the whole front office is GUTLESS for letting this slimy Sal guy hold the bag and take the fall all by himself. Francesa just said Brian Billick, Ryan's mentor in Baltimore, said that EVERYBODY in The NFL knows that Rex knew that the wall was there. Billick says that it's just not possible Rex didn't know that was going on on his own sideline. He says ALL head coaches would be more than aware people are lined up like that on their sideline.
Yeah, and the most pathetic thing of all is that now Jets fans are calling up and trying to actually defend Ryan. Francesa then asks them if they think it's alright for Rex Ryan to let the Sal guy take the blame all by himself, when, in fact, Ryan knew all about it the whole time. Then the spineless Jets fans are choosing not to answer him, because they don't want to talk negatively about their beloved coach.

What a bunch of oblivious losers Jets fans are. I've lived in NYC for the last 26 years, and take my word for it, that's how Jets fans think about life situations in general. They're the guys who don't have much social tact and are often challenged on their stupid stances, don't have a defense for feeling how they feel, and they're easily made fools of. That's just your average New York area male who's chosen The Jets for his team. Being a fan of The Jets doesn't show intelligence and it's a major theme of their lives all across the board. They're poor decision makers.
Francesa's making mental mincemeat outta them on the air. Jets fans just refuse to face reality, time and time again. It's an ingrained behavior from their real lives crossing over into their fandom. Utterly pathetic.

... and I'm loving every minute of it down here in New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes