PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets-Bengals Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was real disapointed in palmer, at one time I thought he was the new best thing, but last night he looked like a slug.

On the other hand I thought Cedrick Benson was a slug, and last night he looked like the new best thing, never thought i would respect his game.

Shayne Grahm must of been playing through an irregular heart beat. Just awful.

Chad has definetly lost a step. Getting old I guess.

Marvin really blew it on the 2nd challange, Bengals got outcoached.

I was real disapointed in palmer, at one time I thought he was the new best thing, but last night he looked like a slug.

On the other hand I thought Cedrick Benson was a slug, and last night he looked like the new best thing, never thought i would respect his game.

Shayne Grahm must of been playing through an irregular heart beat. Just awful.

Chad has definetly lost a step. Getting old I guess.

Marvin really blew it on the 2nd challange, Bengals got outcoached.

True, and that is an insult of Titanic proportions.

Plagerized.

=======================================================

Another stellar effort by Rex Ryan and his staff. For all the talk from the media types on the radio and TV as well as in print about how last week meant nothing they looked foolish when watching the Jets offense go to work. The gameplan was completely built on what the Jets had done the previous week to the Bengals defense. It was the best offensive plan the team had used all season. They threw on first down catching the Bengals off guard. They ran bootlegs off fakes that they knew the defense would sell out on because of what happened the week before. With the Bengals cheating right all game long the Jets dialed up a rushing attack that went left that had the Bengals completely out of position to make a stop. This was all predicated on what worked the week before and simply going away from it this week. They badly out coached the Bengals staff who never adjusted to the fact that the Jets were doing things completely different than the week before. The decision to go with the speedy Greene proved to be an excellent choice and most importantly Ryan kept the team from getting down on itself after a terrible start. Ryan has really grown since that Miami loss in week 5. The coach that coached from his heart early in the year would have gone for a TD on 4th down late in the game and given the Bengals new life if they did not make it. This coach smartly trotted out his field goal unit and took the 3. He also played the final few minutes very well on defense completely eliminating the big play and mixing up when he would and would not bring pressure. Early in the year this game may have been a heartbreaking loss, but Ryan kept his cool and the team kept it with him.

Whenever I watch Palmer play I remember that three years ago Felger said if he were starting a team from scratch and he could build it around any QB in the league he'd take Palmer because he was so talented and three years younger than Brady... i think he said that the same week Palmer got knocked out in the first half of their last playoff appearance... There is some sort of disconnect in Palmer that superceded playing for Lewis on that team. Pete's boys are great when the goin's easy, not so great when the goin gets tough. Cassel was actually looking to be the pick of the litter until he landed in KC. Will be interesting to see if Charlie gets him back on track. Leinart has been the worst. Sanchize is a boom or bust player. Palmer is the real enigma.

Palmer's problems are mostly his broken down body. He had a really bad elbow injury last year and it really have hurt his accuracy. I think Palmer would still be an elite or upper echalon QB if it wasn't for all the injuries he has had.

the jets defense played very well. rex did a great job turning around that defense this past season.

Palmer's problems are mostly his broken down body. He had a really bad elbow injury last year and it really have hurt his accuracy. I think Palmer would still be an elite or upper echalon QB if it wasn't for all the injuries he has had.

I don't, but it's strictly a gut instinct I get about these guys. There is something missing with Palmer, mentally, emotionally. Can't exactly put my finger on it but whatever IT is he ain't got it. The injuries may have exacerbated it but he was like this early on. Just lacks fire or will to overcome or something. Makes mistakes, shrugs them off. Can't rally or control the troops, never could. Really looks defeated now and he should be in his prime. Some of that may be a product of the system (Bungles) but than again Pete doesn't prep them for adversity. The only reason Matt had learned to deal with it was because he didn't get the nod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back