PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets-Bengals Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
both SD and indy cant stop the run well and jets will get after them so i wouldnt underestimate the chances. its all about who you play and when. look @ the pats after winning the division they have the tougest road ahead.

Randy Moss
Wes Welker
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Reggie Wayne
Miles Austin no
Santonio Holmes no
Steve Smith (NYG) no
Steve Smith (CAR)
DeSean Jackson
Roddy White no
Greg Jennings no
Larry Fitzgerald
Marques Colston no
Anquan Boldin no
Percy Harvin no
Sidney Rice no
T.J Houshmanzedeth no
Calvin Johnson
Dwayne Bowe no

Weeeeeeeeee

You're being reactionary right now. Just because Chad got shut out by the best cover corner this league has seen since Deion doesn't mean Chad isn't any good.

This is like when Revis limited Moss and people started saying Moss is no longer elite. Dude, give Revis some credit and that Jets D for making Carson feel uncomfortable all game long.

Imagine if Chad were in New Orleans or GB or here in NE. He would put up huge numbers.

both SD and indy cant stop the run well and jets will get after them so i wouldnt underestimate the chances. its all about who you play and when. look @ the pats after winning the division they have the tougest road ahead.

The thing is the Jets let the Bengals back into the game far too many times today. If the Bengals had a good QB and healthy WRs, they probably would have won. The Jets play like they did today vs. either the Colts or Chargers and they lose and possibly big. How many passes today did Palmer have that were overthrown to open WRs? Coles doesn't drop the ball he had and Graham doesn't miss his two easy field goals and the Bengals might have won. Even with 3 minutes left, the Bengals had a shot to win although it was a long shot.

You're being reactionary right now. Just because Chad got shut out by the best cover corner this league has seen since Deion doesn't mean Chad isn't any good.

This is like when Revis limited Moss and people started saying Moss is no longer elite. Dude, give Revis some credit and that Jets D for making Carson feel uncomfortable all game long.

Imagine if Chad were in New Orleans or GB or here in NE. He would put up huge numbers.

I don't agree with your 'No's"
Anquan Boldin is a MUCH better and a much TOUGHER player than GoofoCinco, Roddy, Jennings and some others are AT LEAST right there with this sideshow, including Sidney Rice who will be a player in this league.

Chad WAS a stud when he was HUNGRY, he hasn't been hungry in awhile, but his talent has kept him in there good enough to be called a #1.

Good WR? Yeah, I'd take him in a second, but not as a #1.

Last edited:
I credit Mangina with nothing, ZERO.

He's a fat LOSER like Rexxy, and he can suxor the big gulp too.
He's done ZERO except run a loser team, and I hope his dumbass is back on the unemployment line where Ball Boys deserve to be.

Fat slob

He did break up BB's spy ring, that counts for something.

The thing is the Jets let the Bengals back into the game far too many times today. If the Bengals had a good QB and healthy WRs, they probably would have won. The Jets play like they did today vs. either the Colts or Chargers and they lose and possibly big. How many passes today did Palmer have that were overthrown to open WRs? Coles doesn't drop the ball he had and Graham doesn't miss his two easy field goals and the Bengals might have won. Even with 3 minutes left, the Bengals had a shot to win although it was a long shot.

When if's and but's are candies and nuts we'll all have a wonderful xmas!

Greg Jennings>Ocho Cinco......

yes but it doesnt matter because it doesnt mean they will play the same next week.they can win ugly or play better next week too.Idea is to move on somehow and today they did by having sancez throw low risk passes.the lack of bengals pass rush helped of course.

When if's and but's are candies and nuts we'll all have a wonderful xmas!

Greg Jennings>Ocho Cinco......

My point is that the Jets played well enough to beat an average team like the Bengals, but not a good team like the Colts. If they play like they played this week against either the Colts or Chargers, they will be home in front of the TV for the AFC Championship game.

All I want is for my Jets to pound the crap outa the Colts. Soften 'em up.

All I want is for my Jets to pound the crap outa the Colts. Soften 'em up.

They certainly did the Bengals. First rate but-kicking, IMO. Just goes to show you have to play your best every game in this league. Cant throw your nicked -up guys in and expect you turn a total rout completely around. Bengals looked really bad on the counter plays, too many turn-overs, Palmer's bad throws, all spelled defeat.

The jets played better than the bengals.
At this point in time, the jets are a better team than the bengals.

They certainly did the Bengals. First rate but-kicking, IMO. Just goes to show you have to play your best every game in this league. Cant throw your nicked -up guys in and expect you turn a total rout completely around. Bengals looked really bad on the counter plays, too many turn-overs, Palmer's bad throws, all spelled defeat.

I don't agree with your 'No's"
Anquan Boldin is a MUCH better and a much TOUGHER player than GoofoCinco, Roddy, Jennings and some others are AT LEAST right there with this sideshow, including Sidney Rice who will be a player in this league.

Chad WAS a stud when he was HUNGRY, he hasn't been hungry in awhile, but his talent has kept him in there good enough to be called a #1.

Good WR? Yeah, I'd take him in a second, but not as a #1.

It's not like Chad's lost a step or his 'hunger', it's more like Carson is no longer the QB he once was and specially tonight, Carson was awful. Chad got shut down tonight by a special talent. Keep in mind, Revis shut Moss down twice, and did the same to Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne and all the WRs he had to cover this year. I'd take Chad on this team any day over Jennings and Roddy and all of the "no's" I listed.

I guess if I go over to the Dark Side and become a noveau pink hat Jets fan I'll lose my membership here, eh?

And yet, with a little less than 4 minutes left in the game, the Bengals were a Shayne Graham missed chip shot from getting back into the game. And were back into the game early in the fourth quarter on a Cedric Benson 47 yard TD run.

As bad as the Bengals played they had several shots in the fourth quarter to make it a game. This wasn't the but kicking that Dallas gave Philly last night. The Bengals could have won this game if Palmer and Graham weren't so bad.

Last edited:
And yet, with a little less than 4 minutes left in the game, the Bengals were a Shayne Graham missed chip shot from getting back into the game. And were back into the game early in the fourth quarter on a Cedric Benson 47 yard TD run.

As bad as the Bengals played they had several shots in the fourth quarter to make it a game. This wasn't the but kicking that Dallas gave Philly last night. The Bengals could have won this game if Palmer and Graham weren't so bad.

Whenever I watch Palmer play I remember that three years ago Felger said if he were starting a team from scratch and he could build it around any QB in the league he'd take Palmer because he was so talented and three years younger than Brady... i think he said that the same week Palmer got knocked out in the first half of their last playoff appearance... There is some sort of disconnect in Palmer that superceded playing for Lewis on that team. Pete's boys are great when the goin's easy, not so great when the goin gets tough. Cassel was actually looking to be the pick of the litter until he landed in KC. Will be interesting to see if Charlie gets him back on track. Leinart has been the worst. Sanchize is a boom or bust player. Palmer is the real enigma.

I guess if I go over to the Dark Side and become a noveau pink hat Jets fan I'll lose my membership here, eh?

No, just shred your JEST ID card after the Colts game.

Whenever I watch Palmer play I remember that three years ago Felger said if he were starting a team from scratch and he could build it around any QB in the league he'd take Palmer because he was so talented and three years younger than Brady... i think he said that the same week Palmer got knocked out in the first half of their last playoff appearance... There is some sort of disconnect in Palmer that superceded playing for Lewis on that team. Pete's boys are great when the goin's easy, not so great when the goin gets tough. Cassel was actually looking to be the pick of the litter until he landed in KC. Will be interesting to see if Charlie gets him back on track. Leinart has been the worst. Sanchize is a boom or bust player. Palmer is the real enigma.

Dead on about Palmer. A good QB, but over rated years ago as the press franticly searched for a rival to the Brady-Manning elite class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back