PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Jete release Le'Veon Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is more just the reality of where we are this season. FAs are not looking at us because we don't have a draw at QB. We are most likely going to hover around .500 this season given how brutal the schedule is and that is dependent on Cam staying healthy which he has not done the last few seasons of his career. I think most of us are just lamenting the state of our QB position. I didn't think both Hoyer and Stid would look that bad. Bill has always had decent/competent back up QBs when Brady was here. This is why the tanking for Lawrence posts are coming up.
Tanking for Lawrence on purpose would get Bill fired. Then with Bill gone we would all learn extremely quickly how bad a team can get in a short period of time.

It has to get significantly better. Right now we are 22nd in points scored which is pretty awful considering scoring is up across the league this year. Last year at this time we were 2nd in points scored and finished the season at #7 (we averaged 30 points a game). That being said, we are rushing extremely well but it is not translating yet into points. We need that to happen for us to push out of Tier 2 into the elite tier IMO. Would be nice to see something out of the TE group. That by far has been the most disappointing skill position.

with our run game and a strong defense there’s no reason to think we can’t play a smash mouth ball control game and be competitive.

Regarding TE, I would cut our rookies some slack. Historically it’s one of those positions that takes the longest to translate from college to the pros and add to it the condensed offseason dealing with COVID no preseason. It’s gonna take some time. BB said it himself the 2020 rookies are further behind than ever before.

with our run game and a strong defense there’s no reason to think we can’t play a smash mouth ball control game and be competitive.

Regarding TE, I would cut our rookies some slack. Historically it’s one of those positions that takes the longest to translate from college to the pros and add to it the condensed offseason dealing with COVID no preseason. It’s gonna take some time. BB said it himself the 2020 rookies are further behind than ever before.
It will be tough to stay with the explosive offenses in the game. Even in 2018 when we had a great run game, it was still Brady in the post-season carving up the Chargers and outdueling Mahomes and making Edelman SB MVP. To win you have to be able to pass. And I don't put that just on Cam, the receivers and TEs stink so we are pretty much in the same boat as last year with a QB who is worse passer than Brady. I hear you on the TEs but we don't have time this year to wait unfortunately.

Hmmmm so having competent players to throw to might help a QB? :eek:
Calm down bradyites :rofl: Yes I think the Pats need a receiver to make this a genuine Super Bowl threat, but that doesn't mean they suck right now. As much as you wanted them to with your hero going south.

It's like...the Patriots *gasp* didn't need Brady after all to be good. :eek:

Calm down bradyites :rofl: Yes I think the Pats need a receiver to make this a genuine Super Bowl threat, but that doesn't mean they suck right now. As much as you wanted them to with your hero going south.

It's like...the Patriots *gasp* didn't need Brady after all to be good. :eek:
You're running late to Mrs. Roberts third period algebra class. Don't let her catch you on the phone again.

You're running late to Mrs. Roberts third period algebra class. Don't let her catch you on the phone again.
The Brady internet defense force to the rescue! Whee! :rofl:

I do not think Bell is necessarily done I just never thought he was ever great to begin with. Maybe that is a Pats fan bias as he never did anything of note against the Patriots. He was a high usage player so when you add up his cumulative numbers he certainly warranted being a top fantasy pick but am just not sure how all of that translates to wins. The Steelers had a HOF QB, an excellent OL and some of the best WR in the league yet they were only a good but not great offense averaging around 25-26 points game in his last 3 years. They actually scored about 20 more points in 2018 than they did in 2017 after he left. I think you can get equal if not better production with the committee approach and just do not see what he would be bringing to the table that the Pats do not already have.

Yeah... no. The Jets are probably the worst team in the league by a good margin and that’s saying something considering there is an abnormally higher amount of outright bad teams this year. Teams are basically just selling out upfront to stop Bell because he was the only threat on the Jets. He didn’t just go from All Pro 3 seasons ago to pretty good tier because of decline at 28. The Jets outright are barely a pro football team. This is one of those things where people are underselling him because of circumstance and not how he actually plays. Even if he only contributes his Jets level play from last year he’s better than the current RB. However he’s back to being on a team with stud WR’s who take pressure off him and has a competent QB again. He’s going to do all the same things EH did week one that he hasn’t been doing since
He was probably the worst starting rb in the entire NFL last year. Let’s hope the chiefs hand the job to him.

I am sure Bell will be solid for the Chiefs. They do not have the depth that the Pats have and with so many weapons all over the field he will have plenty of room to make plays. Damien Williams never averaged 4 yards a carry in any of his 4 seasons with the Dolphins then suddenly was over 5 YPC in 2018 and 4.5 in 2019 for the Chiefs and was also great in the postseason. Him opting out creating a need for them.

Jets and chiefs play each other in 3 weeks. Someone will be crazy motivated!!!

It seems like most times a player of note from another team becomes available the Pats are one of the teams that are rumored to be interested. In this case is that interest real? RB seems to be one of the Pats stronger positions.

You mean, after our own?
No he was much worse than Michel. Bell
averaged 3.2 per carry.
Michel had 2 more carries 123 more yards and 4 more TDs.
again you are arguing something that isn’t arguable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes