PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jaguars release Darius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the Pats do. Dave Thomas and Garrett Mills both have worked on their long snapping skills.....
Ha ha. Yeah, and Brown and Faulk have taken snaps at QB. I'd still prefer we keep a back up QB on the roster. Maybe even two.

But no, I'm not seriously suggesting we re-sign Case for LS competition. I was joking because everyone is taking the "XXX has been cut, let's sign him for depth" thing to extremes. It gets sillier all the time. The mere fact that anyone responded to my ridiculous post with anything other than by chuckling or calling me a hater (like that humorless guy - forget his name) says how over-analyzing we are about washed up players cut from dog teams.

The haters are out again.
You need to consult a dictionary, or at least lighten up. The fact that not everyone thinks as you do does not make them haters.

Making fun of the silly threads people post isn't hate.

Have an adult you trust look up hate. Then have him/her look up satire. Then wrap up in your blankie and have them explain it to you while you have some warm milk.

I love you, you little rascal, you. Nightie night.

Such sharp satire, or whatever you choose to call it, takes some of the fun out of a thread like this.

There likely are a few dozen posters here with in depth knowledge of every NFl player and exact insight into how said player would fit into the Pats system/depth chart. I'm not one of them.

I enjoy seeing a name thrown out and then reading the feedback of posters - even the wicked, wicked smaht ones. I think the members of this board do a pretty good job of weeding out the dudes with zero possibilities and only putting up names which at least raise enough curiosity to warrant a read.

Darius, for example, was quite recently considered a near pro-bowl level player. He's certainly had injury problems, but why make fun of folks who didn't know all the details regarding his health? As for him having trouble understanding complicated schemes - I had never heard this despite being a 'Cuse fan and following Darius for years. If someone hadn't started this thread I never would have known.

Darius is still interesting to me because when healthy he's better than any safeties we have short of Rodney (or Meriweather). Going on the theory that BB finds ways to put players in position to succeed, I don't think it far-fetched at all to imagine the Pats could find a way to use Darius to their benefit. If they became convinced Darius was returning to good health, I bet the Pats would love to add his hard hitting, agressive talent to the squad. Like I said, he's better than Hawkins and Sanders for certain and better than Wilson when Rodney's not on the field with him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back