PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jacksonville Jaguars potential head coaches - early interview list

I find it strange McDaniels is nowhere to be found.

Per Tom Pelissero:

Looking at that list, it sounds like Trevor Lawrence’s career is going down the toilet. Best case scenario for him is that he stinks so bad that the Jags give up on him the way that the Bucs gave up on Steve Young, and he gets traded to a team that knows what it’s doing and he learn on the bench for a bit before stepping in. Like the Packers, maybe the Saints, even the current Bucs if Brady ever wants to quit, or the Titans….

I did find Pederson getting fired strange.

Guy won the Super Bowl (with ****ing Nick Foles) made the playoffs the next two seasons then gets canned after one bad season.

I find it strange McDaniels is nowhere to be found.
Might be a thought around the league of, 1) we don’t want to get hung out to dry like Indy did with him (they got a good consolation prize though, and/or 2) a belief that Mac is McDaniels’ pick and he’s sticking around as head coach in waiting unless he gets an offer he can’t refuse, and do we think he‘s that good to be worth making such an offer?

I did find Pederson getting fired strange.

Guy won the Super Bowl (with ****ing Nick Foles) made the playoffs the next two seasons then gets canned after one bad season.
What he did was pretty embarrassing to the organization and the media was arguably the reason he got fired.

Looking at that list, it sounds like Trevor Lawrence’s career is going down the toilet. Best case scenario for him is that he stinks so bad that the Jags give up on him the way that the Bucs gave up on Steve Young, and he gets traded to a team that knows what it’s doing and he learn on the bench for a bit before stepping in. Like the Packers, maybe the Saints, even the current Bucs if Brady ever wants to quit, or the Titans….
An OC or QB coach can help a QB just as much as an offensive coach. In fact, some of these offensive HCs can damage your career (i.e. McVay).

Aren’t all of the OCs there coaching better offenses?
Well, yes, but Brady+Godwin+Evans+Gronk+AB+Fournette, Rodgers+Adams+A Jones, Prescott+Lamb+Cooper+Elliott, those OCs have a lot of talent to work with.

Safest pick is Caldwell.
I started to laugh but then realized you were right. He’s so bland, but he somehow managed to have a winning record (even if slightly) with the Lions. You can certainly do a lot better, but as the Lions found out, you can very easily do a lot worse.

I started to laugh but then realized you were right. He’s so bland, but he somehow managed to have a winning record (even if slightly) with the Lions. You can certainly do a lot better, but as the Lions found out, you can very easily do a lot worse.
Not a flashy choice by any stretch.

The man knows how to deal with QBs, holds players accountable for their performance and they in turn play hard for him.

One thing he will not do is embarrass Kahn by being a jackass.

It's the safe pick.

Well, yes, but Brady+Godwin+Evans+Gronk+AB+Fournette, Rodgers+Adams+A Jones, Prescott+Lamb+Cooper+Elliott, those OCs have a lot of talent to work with.

That’s what I meant. :thumbsup:

Per Tom Pelissero:

No legit HC in their right mind will want to coach under Baalke, much less McD.

By retaining Baalke, Khan is all but guaranteeeing additional years of obsolescence.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back