PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: How heartbreaking would it be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheenix11

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
For The Forehead to lose the all time and single season TD record in the same season?

Brady will catch him for the all time later this season and Mahomes is on pace to be close for the single season.

How glorious would that be?

I so hope it happens.

At first I was getting ready to come in here and roast you because of the thread title.

Then you earned my respect.

Still irritates me that Brady took the single-season TD record and then Manning took it back.

Brady lost the single season TD record. He will take the all time record but for how long? Does brees, when back, play an extra year just to take it from Tom? I would venture the answer is yes. And Tom will be ok with it because of all those SB trophies.

Brady lost the single season TD record. He will take the all time record but for how long? Does brees, when back, play an extra year just to take it from Tom? I would venture the answer is yes. And Tom will be ok with it because of all those SB trophies.

I wouldn’t be so sure, Brees is driving off that cliff faster than Brady. He’s going all Thelma & Louise.

I wouldn’t be so sure, Brees is driving off that cliff faster than Brady. He’s going all Thelma & Louise.
I think you are very wrong. He jammed his thumb but he is not done. He should have went to the SB last year. Refs blew it.

I could live with Mahomes owning it. Anyone but Peyton.
Honestly I'd rather keep it with Manning than have Mahomes take it at this point. Manning is an afterthought, no one tries to argue that he is the goat anymore... But if Mahomes breaks the record we'll be subjected to more "tourch" passing talk from idiot chiefs fans...

Furiously writing on-field skit for when Brady breaks record.

thumb_le-black-writing-coloring-kid-meme-generator-52638032.png

Brees will have to play more than just an extra year cause Brady's #notdone either. Brady may play longer than Brees for all we know. Brees is 40 now, is he playing to 44 or 45?

Honestly I'd rather keep it with Manning than have Mahomes take it at this point. Manning is an afterthought, no one tries to argue that he is the goat anymore... But if Mahomes breaks the record we'll be subjected to more "tourch" passing talk from idiot chiefs fans...

Mahomes has roughly a two year window to win the SB. At that point he will get his $40M per year, the Chiefs draft run will not sustain, and they’ll need to deal with the normal problems of paying a superstar QB and superstar skill players like every other team (other than the Patriots.)

I’d rather Mahomes get hyped than Rodgers. To our knowledge Mahomes isn’t a stat manipulating ego douche. But I guess we don’t know that yet.

Mahomes is about to take away the Most Perfect QB Ever!!! belt from Rodgers. It was once held by Young and Marino prior to that. Holding that belt for a time doesn’t age well.

Brees is younger. Brady has two more TDs but is two years older than Brees. Just pointing out it’s possible and IF Brees didnt get hurt and miss the last two, and next 4, he might still be ahead.

Brady would have more of the pats threw more in the red zone but they have a lot of rushing TDS

I didn’t start this thread and Brady is the GOAT but realize he might not own records he doesn’t care about.

Brees is younger. Brady has two more TDs but is two years older than Brees. Just pointing out it’s possible and IF Brees didnt get hurt and miss the last two, and next 4, he might still be ahead.

Brady would have more of the pats threw more in the red zone but they have a lot of rushing TDS

Except Brees looks like a still good but aging quarterback and Brady looks like a 26 year old. Have you seen the difference in ball velocity? Tell me the last time Brees threw a pass even close to the two highlight reel Gordon lasers yesterday.

Ugh. Did you see how many bad passes he made too? Brady is the goat. I don’t care about TD records. Neither does he. Have you watched a healthy Brees throw? Nope.

And Gordon bailed out Brady. Not the other way around.

I’m a homer but come on dudes. This guy started the thread and guess what? Brady COULD lose both record too.

Do you think that bothers Brady??

Contingent on his recovery, and if the Saints can tread water well enough in his absence, taking half a season off may well be a blessing in disguise for Brees: by the NFCCG last year, he looked completely spent.

Brady would have more of the pats threw more in the red zone but they have a lot of rushing TDS.
A higher percentage of Brady’s TD passes are <= 5 yards than are Goober’s, actually. Don’t know how he compares to Brees in that.

Contingent on his recovery, and if the Saints can tread water well enough in his absence, taking half a season off may well be a blessing in disguise for Brees: by the NFCCG last year, he looked completely spent.
And yet should have won that game.

A higher percentage of Brady’s TD passes are <= 5 yards than are Goober’s, actually. Don’t know how he compares to Brees in that.
Thanks. I’d love to see how many redzone run TD vs thrown TDS over their careers. In the redzone over their careers.

Sorry. Drunk posting again. L

I think you are very wrong. He jammed his thumb but he is not done. He should have went to the SB last year. Refs blew it.
He also was pretty bad during the last part of last season. Over the last 6 games of the year he had 7 TDs and 5 INTs. Before that he'd only thrown 2 picks all season.

Follow that up with two INTs in the first two games this season for 9TDs vs 7INTs over the past 8 games.

Ugh. Did you see how many bad passes he made too? Brady is the goat. I don’t care about TD records. Neither does he. Have you watched a healthy Brees throw? Nope.

And Gordon bailed out Brady. Not the other way around.

I’m a homer but come on dudes. This guy started the thread and guess what? Brady COULD lose both record too.

Do you think that bothers Brady??

Gordon bailed out Brady on that 3rd and 22 throw near the goal line sideline? Lol. You’re crazy. Both balls perfectly placed lasers. Yes, great plays by Gordon, but also placed in the exact spot where only he could get it.

Can't-Miss Play: Gordon goes WAY UP for spectacular sideline snag

And the other one?

Can't-Miss Play: Josh Gordon goes over TRIO of Jets for strong 22-yard grab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes