PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gilmore still complaining about how the Pats treated his recovery

Didn’t we say the same thing about Collins at least twice previously?

Yeah, but there's this:
Jaime Collins Age 30 - 2019 contract $2 Million - 1 Year
Jaime Collins Age 32 - 2021 contract $1.075 Million - 1 Year

And remember, Gilmore is already 31. He turns 32 ~2 weeks into next season (Sept. 19th).

If Gilmore wanted to come back like Collins - on an inexpensive one year deal - and he can still play like Collins has shown - I bet you'd see him in a Pats uniform very quickly.

I think the better comp would be Brandon Spikes, who openly compared playing here to being in Hell, and was still brought back. Never ended up playing, because he's a buffoon, but BB seems willing to rebuild bridges in some cases.

That said, I think Gilmore wants one more big payday, and then I doubt he's available again before he's mostly cooked.
Possible.

Gilmore never openly bashed BB or the NEP. Just the way his injury was handled..which could have pissed off BB. Not sure.

Gilmore just logged 100% of defensive snaps with Carolina last game for the first time and they held Atlanta to under 200 yards passing. Pretty sure that’s a step in the right direction for him getting paid by Carolina or someone else.

He withheld his services. Over $$$$. Pats held up to their end of the contract. He didn’t. If he comes back here, I’ll probably get a job on Putin’s staff.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back