PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Giants work out Wes Welker and Hakeem Nicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Giants are kicking the tires on these two..

Guess it makes sense, Welker did win them a Super Bowl in 2011 ;)

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ker-try-new-york-giants?ex_cid=espnapi_public

This made my day.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if they signed either one of them (I have to imagine Victor Cruz will be coming back at some point, and their TEs have been ok). If it's between one or the other, I'd think they'd take the known commodity (Nicks, they drafted him after all), over someone who certainly looked like they were out of career gas last season.

Wait a minute. I thought the Patriots had signed him to the shadow roster. Oh wait, I didn't mean to write that. Never mind, Judge Berman.

Good, I hope this happens. Let him cost them a SB.

Last edited:
Damn it Wes! Eli is going to throw even crazier balls! You're going to have to catch it with your thighs while the safety decleats you and you get another concussion which causes even more damage! Just retire damn it!:(

Might help them get more helmet catches

wREhHGal.jpg

If Wes thought Gomer left him out to dry, wait til he gets a load of Goober...

I wish WW would retire so he doesn't suffer his 800th concussion

If Wes thought Gomer left him out to dry, wait til he gets a load of Goober...

I missed this post the first time. I'm sorry I did. Truer words were never spoken.

I'm torn on this...

Wes would be a great addition for the Giants, and he can obviously still play the game. However, I don't want another Manning hanging him out to dry with errant passes.

This made my day.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if they signed either one of them (I have to imagine Victor Cruz will be coming back at some point, and their TEs have been ok). If it's between one or the other, I'd think they'd take the known commodity (Nicks, they drafted him after all), over someone who certainly looked like they were out of career gas last season.

Victor Cruz claims that he's coming back this week and will play in Sunday's game vs. Buffalo.

I'd tend to agree with you that they're more likely to bring in Nicks, which would make a tandem of Beckham, Cruz, Nicks, and Randle. That said, they may be getting impatient with Randle. Even after his game last Thursday, you can still see obvious mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes