PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - George Michael of Wham died

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Damn what a bloody year its been for celebrities. 2016 end already!

Wham! star George Michael has died - CNN.com

PA quoted a statement from Michael's publicist that said: "It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period."

This sucks. He's my wife's favorite artist of all-time, and I love his music. We saw him live a few years ago in Boston and he was amazing. Lastly:

raw

This sucks. He's my wife's favorite artist of all-time, and I love his music. We saw him live a few years ago in Boston and he was amazing. Lastly:

raw
yeah, my wife loves his Christmas song too. (And my daughter loves Deadpool)

But, I am glad we didn't yet lose another Monkee
250px-The_Monkees_May_1967.jpg

Quiet, isn't it, George Michael Dolenz...

53 is way too young
RIP

80s icon. Way too young.

IMO the 3 biggest 80s music icons all gone (Michael Jackson, prince, George Michael)

RIP, pretty unfortunate year.

IMO the 3 biggest 80s music icons all gone (Michael Jackson, prince, George Michael)

I would say Madonna was bigger than 2 of those names. Probably Whitney Houston and Cyndi Lauper as well. Don't forget David Bowie, altho i suppose he was bigger in the 70s.

Last edited:
I'm sure that some people will fall all over themselves to joke about the flaming gay Wham! guy, but he was ultimately one of the greatest vocalists who ever lived. It's a huge loss.

And I would put Whitney Houston over madonna based on sheer talent. It doesn't get any better than her national anthem in the bills giants super bowl

Not even close.

Prince and Michael. Then hall and Oates. Madonna, Billy Joel, Lionel Richie, journey, Phil Collins, Chicago, bon jovi, Gloria estafan. Etc.

And I would put Whitney Houston over madonna based on sheer talent. It doesn't get any better than her national anthem in the bills giants super bowl

Whitney is more 90s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye