PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Frank Avruch dies at 89

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those too young to have seen it, here's a taste that harkens back to a simpler time.....

I or one of my siblings could be one of those cute cherubs in the studio audience. I know we were on Boomtown and Bozo a few times...

What, no romper room appearances?

Didn't he host some Candlepin on Saturday afternoons on Channel 5?

ah, Candlepin.... Now there's a sport the rest of the nation just doesn't get....
I thought Don Gillis had the monopoly on that.... Saturday afternoons..seeing if somebody could get three strikes in a row for $1000... which would be equivilant to $10K now or more....

Of course there is a kids show character who was part of original wacky Patriots history-Rex Trailer's sidekick Pablo.

Seems someone thought it would be a good promotion to have him run for a touchdown against the new team. He ran past 10 guys going through the motions, but when he neared the goal line crazy Larry Eisenhauer [of their great 4 man D Line] couldn't stand to give up a even a joke score. He buried him. Pablo did live to tell about it, though.

Rex Trailer really could do those cowboy tricks, like knocking a cigarette out of someone's mouth with a bullwhip. Here's Rex and Pablo.

"All mankinde is of one Author, and is one volume; when one Man dies, one Chapter is not torne out of the booke, but translated into a better language."

a far smarter man than I wrote this...RIP

Yeah, well, did the Bard know the difference between man coverage and a zone-and-one?

Totally forgot about Willie Whistle till he was mentioned in this thread.

Seems to me there were a ton of bowling shows back then.

RIP Frank.

What, no romper room appearances?
Sorry, I forgot abour Romper Room with Miss Jean (Harrington)! Never attended any of those tapings (also at the old WHDH-TV studio), unfortunately.

Yeah, well, did the Bard know the difference between man coverage and a zone-and-one?
screen-shot-2017-04-21-at-04-46-35.png

This is a paraphrase...

All the world’s a game, And all the men merely players, one man in his time plays many parts [Especially on a Belichick team].

Sorry, I forgot abour Romper Room with Miss Jean (Harrington)! Never attended any of those tapings (also at the old WHDH-TV studio), unfortunately.

Miss Jean was a hottie. Those old, weird hairdo pics don't do her justice.

I had a crush on Miss Jeanne and always hoped she would see me in her magic mirror. Alas, no matter how hard I tried to be a dobee rather than a don'tbee...

This is a paraphrase...

All the world’s a game, And all the men merely players, one man in his time plays many parts [Especially on a Belichick team].
And it was the bard who coined the term, ‘ beast with two backs”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST