PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: First game live - need protips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPharma

On the Roster
Reaction score
Bought tickets for the game tomorrow and I've never been to a Pat's game. I've been to Gillette but other than that I'm clueless on what the best options are here. Any insight or protips would be welcome. I should be driving from Portland, ME so it should take a decent time to get there.

Danke!

Bought tickets for the game tomorrow and I've never been to a Pat's game. I've been to Gillette but other than that I'm clueless on what the best options are here. Any insight or protips would be welcome. I should be driving from Portland, ME so it should take a decent time to get there.

Danke!
If you plan on any Gemütlichkeit during the game, bring a ton of $ - beers are mucho expensive! Enjoy!

Ein Prosit, ein Prosit
Der Gemütlichkeit
Ein Prosit, ein Prosit
Der Gemütlichkeit
ONE TWO THREE DRINK!

Get there early! Traffic is tough and the security lines are even tougher. Enjoy!

Don't park in the stadium lots! Park somewhere on route 1. You'll be thankful when the game is over (unless you don't care about having to wait a long time to get out).

Get a hotel in Boston, if you're already getting a hotel, and take the train to the game

1. Leave early - playoff game & normal Saturday afternoon traffic will make the last hour of your drive at least double. Also, if you are planning to go to Patriots Place instead of tailgating, go REALLY early or you will be shut out of all the restaurants except 5 Guys.

2. Don't park in a stadium lot, unless you have lots of time after the game and plan to do a post-game tailgate. It takes hours to get out, particularly if the game is close and everybody stays until the end.

3. Do park at an outside lot along Rte. 1 facing in the direction you want to go AFTER the game (or park in one that advertises "easy out" or a cop at the entrance that will allow you to take a left to get out). Two that I use (one in each direction):

A) If you are coming down Rte. 1 South towards the Stadium (from Rte. 95) try Lot 33. It is on your right hand side as you approach the stadium. You are getting close when you go through a traffic light at North Street (McDonalds on your right), pass a liquor store lot, then one more lot, then you go over a small bridge - the entrance to Lot 33 is the next driveway after the small bridge. There is a state cop there after the game that lets you make a left onto Rte. 1 north after the game. After the game, Stay in the left-most lane once you get onto Rte. 1 North, even though it is on the "wrong" side of the road - you will fly by all the other folks on the "right" side of the road once you get beyond the North Street intersection. This lot is good as it is very close to Patriots Place and the Hall (about 1/2 mile walk). Cost is $50 per car although sometimes the jack it up $10 for the playoffs.

B) If you are coming up Rte. 1 North (from 495) towards the stadium, right after the state police barracks and the junction of Rte. 140 you will see a Dunkin' Donuts on the right. Immediately after the Dunkin' Donuts & the orange cones they put there to funnel in the Rte. 140 folks, is the Pinebrook Office Park parking lot. It's usually $40 per car and they almost always have lots of spaces. The drawback is that it is just over a mile walk to the stadium from here. However, because it's so far out, again it is an easy left hand turn out (sometimes a cop is there, sometimes not, but there are breaks in the traffic here in the left-most lane) and back to 495 about 2 miles down the road.

Bring lots of stuff for tailgating, including stuff to munch on and drink (non-alcoholic) after the game while you are driving and/or waiting to get out of your lot.

Have fun!!

Last edited:
Get a hotel in Boston, if you're already getting a hotel, and take the train to the game
Train is hit or miss. Sometimes it is late. No time for tailgating before or after (train leaves 30 minutes after the game ends, just enough time to get on). However, no parking and traffic hassles. I took it once and it did not save me any time, so I would not do it again, but I am used to driving there.

Gillette Rules -

Pre-game - Consume tailgate food and as much ice cold beer as possible with fellow Pats fans.

During game - Scream/shout at max volume on all downs that Kansas has the football.

Post game - Travel home victorious.

Find the biggest, baddest dude in the place and beat his ass. That way everyone will respect you. By the way, the biggest, baddest dude there is named Mike Kensil.
Brilliant.

And hopefully expect to be hoarse by the time you leave because you were incredibly loud the whole game :cool:
Good thing I took vocal lessons as a kid. I can scream like the best.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back