Status
Not open for further replies.

tasmlab

Starting QB, won 20 SBs, number is retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Zone defense in American football - Wikipedia

I've been reading so much on here about Cover 0 and Cover 2 and so forth that finally decided to look up exactly what they are. This is a pretty decent, comprehensive write up if you are not a X and O expert.

(Mods: I was going to post this in the practice squad forum, but it seems to no longer exist. Feel free to move)

Zone defense in American football - Wikipedia

I've been reading so much on here about Cover 0 and Cover 2 and so forth that finally decided to look up exactly what they are. This is a pretty decent, comprehensive write up if you are not a X and O expert.

(Mods: I was going to post this in the practice squad forum, but it seems to no longer exist. Feel free to move)

Thanks for posting this. I’ve been reading to slowly to try to grasp it.

There seems to be some misunderstanding that teams just play straight man or straight zone coverage and it’s thst simple. Virtually all coverages are mixtures of man and zone and of course there are lots of variations - teams rarely play cover 0 in open field. This Wikipedia article does a good job of explaining the basics.

Madden playbooks are decent for the most basic X and O things as well.

Madden playbooks are decent for the most basic X and O things as well.

As much as people crap all over Madden, it's really great at breaking down various concepts and explaining football 101.

You can get pretty in depth with it disguising coverage, shifting your line, shifting your backs, shifting DBs, audible plays or specific coverage on players, etc

You can learn quite a bit about the X's and O's of football by playing that game, especially the tutorials.. and it gets pretty overwhelming when you take a deep dive into it

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill