PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dumpster fire in Jacksonville.

PFT summarizes a tweet stream from Michael Silver:

Silver writes, “One player told me, ‘He has zero credibility in that stadium. He had very little to begin with.'”​
Players were “particularly put off” by the cancellation of a Monday team meeting. “He was too scared,” an unnamed player told Silver.​
Meyer reportedly “apologized to position groups individually,” and he claimed that the woman in the videos that surfaced was “just there dancing.” Silver says the audience was “highly skeptical.”
“We looked at him like, WTF?” an unnamed player told Silver. “Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it.”​
‘It’s bad,” the unnamed player told Silver. “I don’t know how he’s gonna function.”​

PFT opines:

This supports our theory that owner Shad Khan opted for a strong statement over a pink slip, because a resignation could be coming, if/when Meyer realizes that it will be impossible for him to lead, to teach, to inspire.

Problem is, the stank will follow him wherever he may want to go so he may not offer to resign, IMO.

Ref: Report: Urban Meyer has a "crisis" in the locker room - ProFootballTalk

I am often wrong. I was right on Urban. Bad move.

Wait! What?!? You can do what at strip clubs these days?
I got a blowy for $90 in a strip club after a lap dance when I was in my mid-20s. They’re basically whorehouses.

PFT summarizes a tweet stream from Michael Silver:

Silver writes, “One player told me, ‘He has zero credibility in that stadium. He had very little to begin with.'”​
Players were “particularly put off” by the cancellation of a Monday team meeting. “He was too scared,” an unnamed player told Silver.​
Meyer reportedly “apologized to position groups individually,” and he claimed that the woman in the videos that surfaced was “just there dancing.” Silver says the audience was “highly skeptical.”
“We looked at him like, WTF?” an unnamed player told Silver. “Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it.”​
‘It’s bad,” the unnamed player told Silver. “I don’t know how he’s gonna function.”​

PFT opines:

This supports our theory that owner Shad Khan opted for a strong statement over a pink slip, because a resignation could be coming, if/when Meyer realizes that it will be impossible for him to lead, to teach, to inspire.

Problem is, the stank will follow him wherever he may want to go so he may not offer to resign, IMO.

Ref: Report: Urban Meyer has a "crisis" in the locker room - ProFootballTalk

So it's about the money after all.. if Meyers resigns, he doesn't get the guaranteed money. If he's fired, he takes it.

That's what's important to Khan.. not his team.

rhianna-no.gif
If that was the finger in question, giddy up.

Instead we have
scary movie GIF

Can Urban coach or is he purely a recruiter?

This whole thing reminds me of Petino for some reason.

So it's about the money after all.. if Meyers resigns, he doesn't get the guaranteed money. If he's fired, he takes it.

That's what's important to Khan.. not his team.
Well, it's not like he can salvage this season at this point, unless he has someone on-staff that could take over.

They kinda do have to let things play out a bit more, and given this, yes, the money is a factor in how things will play out.

If I were the owner I'd at least sit down with Lawrence and the team captains and make sure they understand the situation.

I like Khan's move...just give him a talking to....and HOPE that he flat out quits and saves your team some $$$$.

I like Khan's move...just give him a talking to....and HOPE that he flat out quits and saves your team some $$$$.

Urban's not stupid. He knows that if he quits, he loses the money.

If Khan had a brain, I'd say he was gambling on the fact that it will be too much for Urban to bear when he realizes how much he's lost the locker room.

PFT's theory is interesting. It'd be better for JAX that he quit rather than he get fired, but will he go?

depends on what the USC job is paying... for Meyer, the fringe coed benefits, might make it worthwhile ... i foresee a costly legal entanglement of a family nature in his near future

Well, it's not like he can salvage this season at this point, unless he has someone on-staff that could take over.

They kinda do have to let things play out a bit more, and given this, yes, the money is a factor in how things will play out.

If I were the owner I'd at least sit down with Lawrence and the team captains and make sure they understand the situation.

Both the OC and DC have at least ten years experience in the NFL. I think they would be more than capable.

Why did they hire this guy, who is a walking scandal and has no NFL experience, to lead a rebuilding process? I missed all of it…did everyone think they were wrong to hire him?

Too bad he couldn't have waited till the end of the season for this distraction. Jax might get their act together by December now.

depends on what the USC job is paying... for Meyer, the fringe coed benefits, might make it worthwhile ... i foresee a costly legal entanglement of a family nature in his near future

Why did they hire this guy, who is a walking scandal and has no NFL experience, to lead a rebuilding process? I missed all of it…did everyone think they were wrong to hire him?
They preferred a splashy hire over a solid, if unspectacular, hire. They should have went with Eric the Enemy if they were looking for an offensive minded guy.

As an aside, isn’t it funny how a toxic locker room seems to follow Trent Baalke wherever he goes?

They are a weird couple. When I was at Florida, there were rumors that the defense used to run a train on her and she would routinely hook up with players. Specifically Brandon Spikes.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back