PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Does Winning 3 SB's After Previous Heartbreaks Help Ease the Pain?

I think they win against TB. A 41-39 type score.

But yeah...unless a miracle happens and these lesser AFC teams pull off the shock of the decade, well...I don't see how they don't make it back.

Now...I'll go knock on wood for 100% health of all the guys.
Assuming both teams stay healthy, I think this will be the first Super Bowl rematch since the Cowboys vs Bills.

Assuming both teams stay healthy, I think this will be the first Super Bowl rematch since the Cowboys vs Bills.
Let's hope the outcome is different from the result of those two SB's.

Honestly, the 90's Cowboys would likely demolish any great team today. Chiefs. Bucs. Whoever.

Bills had no chance.

League is much closer now due to FA & the cap etc.

I have no idea how old you are ,Chiefs fan...but Superbowl 42 was the worst feeling I've ever had about any pro sports. The Patriots were robbed outright on the orders of that despicable narcissistic MORON...Roger Stokoe Goodell. Our archives form that time period will inform...and I mean INFORM you on what was quite possible the biggest fix in sports since the 1919 Black Sox scandal

That would make 3 SB wins. Likely means Mahomes has at least one more SB MVP.

Fair or not (And I won't buy it btw), media (Parker, Carter, Spears, Kellerman, Wright, Sharpe, Faulk, and Brunell) will begin suggesting Mahomes has reached heights of #12 in TB.

Again, I think Mahomes needs to A)Beat Brady in the SB & B) Win at least 4 SB's to get the conversation "initiated". Also, 2 or 3 more MVP's.
He needs to pass Montana first lol Long way to go for that

I have no idea how old you are ,Chiefs fan...but Superbowl 42 was the worst feeling I've ever had about any pro sports. The Patriots were robbed outright on the orders of that despicable narcissistic MORON...Roger Stokoe Goodell. Our archives from that time period will inform...and I mean INFORM you on what was quite possibly the biggest fix in sports since the 1919 Black Sox scandal

Let's hope the outcome is different from the result of those two SB's.

Honestly, the 90's Cowboys would likely demolish any great team today. Chiefs. Bucs. Whoever.

Bills had no chance.

League is much closer now due to FA & the cap etc.
If they played with today’s rules, they get smoked as these players are way faster and stronger. Players back then as a whole weren’t very fast, especially on D.

If they played with the rules back then, it’s a different story.

For me 2014 erased a lot more than the heartbreak of losing a couple of Superbowls. It legitimized Brady's GOAT status that so many were trying to tear it down by trying to tear apart with the deflategate conspiracy. Sadly a good number of people still attribute Bradys career to cheating. Imagine if some trumped up scandal followed Mahomes for the next couple of years that put into question that he was really an MVP of the league and of a Superbowl or was he just cheating?

In otherwords, does the 4th, and subsequent, titles mean more because of the previous heartbreak? There's more elation of a shocking interception because it happened where the helmet catch took place. In a weird way, maybe it was meant to be that Seattle made that crazy catch. Followed by the Butler pick. As a way to make up for the injustice of 7 years prior. Which occurred in that same exact stadium. Like karma of sorts. Note: I'm not suggesting the Patriots were lucky to win that game. Seattle was lucky to even be in position.

Or, maybe winning the 6th kind of lessens the pain of losing the year previous.

As a Chiefs fan, the 2018 loss doesn't hurt as much because we won a year later. But I still think about the pure elation after the pick to seal a SB berth. Followed by anger when the flag was thrown out. And sadness after the ending. That loss hurts more than the SB to TB. Because in the SB we were never really in it. But I thought destiny was on our side when we came back to take the lead in the championship game.

It's hard to articulate my words. I suppose in a way adversity makes success even that much sweeter. If that makes sense?
if you browse through the forum a bit you might think we havent wont crap in 20 yrs. We are in constant pain :). Hard question to answer for boston sports fans especially pats fans. We are a perennially spoiled bunch.

AFAIC any fan and I mean ANY fan that comes here and does NOT know nor understand the entire NY Jet/Steeler/Giants attempt to destroy the NEP_ organization using their personal sub-mongoloidal rich kid punk just shouldn't even broach the subject on this board

If they played with today’s rules, they get smoked as these players are way faster and stronger. Players back then as a whole weren’t very fast, especially on D.

If they played with the rules back then, it’s a different story.
Yeah I meant if they were going by the old rules.

That Dallas team was stacked at every single position.

While the Pats might not have 19-0, we do have 28-3 and that’s still pretty damn good.

I tend to feel like all three wins make up, in some sort of way, for the three losses.

It’s surreal to even think that we can “supplement” three title wins. We’ve been a lucky fan base.

That loss hurts more than the SB to TB.
thats because you wanted to beat the Patriots so so so bad, so you could establish your teams "bona fides"... you want to be the man, you gotta beat the man. you lost instead of basking in glory... that was a lot of crow to eat in one sitting

and losing sucks, period. and no winning three more didnt help sooth the savage wounds cause by meli and the gints

(deep breath for the necessary 37 disclaimers here)

Yes, holding happens on almost every play in the NFL and goes uncalled. Yes, on any one play where holding does get called, there probably could have been four or five other holding calls that don’t get called. And yes, you really, REALLY don’t want a ticky-tack, “Really, bro??” call to decide any game, much less a playoff game, a championship game, or the biggest sporting event in America that should be a holiday already, the Super Bowl.

Ok, now, with THAT all out of the way, usually if you are going to hold a defensive lineman, you don’t hold them by their throat.

But buried deep in a click-baity “19-0 sounds crazy, just not with this Patriots team” article from The WorldWide Leader in Paying Billions for the College Football Playoff and then wondering why we don’t have any money, we finally get confirmation from the man himself that Giants center Shaun O’Hara was choking out Richard Seymour on Eli’s scramble before Eli wound up and Brett Favre’d it downfield, and....well, you know.

Let’s let O’Hara tell it!

The tape of the game must have made the result even more haunting. On the Manning escape, the New England rush overwhelmed nearly the entire Giants offensive line. Jarvis Green exploded past Shaun O'Hara to the center's left and plowed through left guard Rich Seubert, and Richard Seymour looped behind Jarvis Green and beat O'Hara to his right. The offensive linemen tried to play the rush as if they were switching on a basketball pick-and-roll, and they failed miserably. As Seymour and Green converged on the immobile Manning, O'Hara said he saw "Eli curl up in the fetal position, which he normally does," and then thought, "OK, we're probably going to lose this game."
But as Manning kept moving his feet and staying alive, struggling to break free from the grasp of both New England rushers, a desperate O'Hara slid his gloved right hand onto Seymour's throat. "I said, 'Screw it,'" the Giants center would recall. "I was squeezing his trachea as hard as I could and not letting go." Choked by a 300-pound man, Seymour was temporarily disabled for the split-second that allowed Manning to get away. O'Hara gambled that the officials would miss his WWE move, and miss it they sure as hell did. If they threw a flag there, the Patriots would have ended up 19-0.

No, but superbowl 49 and 51 were crazy reimbursements. Honestly I'm over the sb losses but I will never let go of the refs screwing us over in the 2006 afcg. I'm confident we would have beaten the bears in the sb that year. I will get over it when the refs hand us a game we have no business winning in the playoffs.

Super Bowl 42 loss it will be forever remembered and still hurts today so much
And tomorrow too and so on...

No, but superbowl 49 and 51 were crazy reimbursements. Honestly I'm over the sb losses but I will never let go of the refs screwing us over in the 2006 afcg. I'm confident we would have beaten the bears in the sb that year. I will get over it when the refs hand us a game we have no business winning in the playoffs.
the game where Faulk MADE the first down but ESPN and the entire sporting world outside of Beantown claimed what a straight line SHOWED actually wasn't true.,l mean..the mass insanity across the country and the unbelievable Pay-Me-Tons "aw shucks" deification by Cracker-Peckerwood Nation completely engulfed the NFL world...it was NEXT year, when BB responded to the Colts game infamy, and put together super team,THAT was when Goodell himself inserted his idiotic, moronic pinhead into the final outcome...as we all remember he WATCHED the entire game from the Giants owner box, with one of the Rooneys from Pittsburgh. His huge guffaws and back slapping in that box tells anyone who knows body language what happened in that game. A little known FACT is the subsequent admission a few years ago by Strahan that the G Men were told there wouldn't be any defensive holding calls made against them. Strahan admitted he and the rest of the DL committed a ton of uncalled penalties the entire game...including vicious crippling chops at the line ans the bashing of Brady after he reased the ball and even post whistle. The media spun it as old fashioned hard nosed NFL football, in fact it was a street fight with no rules. The Pats weren't built to withstand that type of co-ordinated, against the rules play. Their best lineman, Mankins, was assaulted early on deliberately had his knee twisted as another G man held him down. Mankins SHOULD have been replaced, that's how bad the injury was, but he kept his mouth shut. But now, the laughing jackazz Strahan let the rat out of the bag. One CANNOT deny what O'Hara admitted HE DID...but no one cared about the rules , fair play, or honesty. THAT is why this ultimate scumbag POS IDIOT Goodell belongs in stripes. LORD HEAR MY PRAYER

This is going to become a SB42 thread, isn’t it?

1632447716061.gif

sorry...can't let the little goofy goona "aw shucks I'm rational" chiefs fan get away with this insipid crap. If he doesn't KNOW all this stuff he should NOT be here printing anything but "hello,what do you guys think of this season". Him blabbing out "Three Superbowls Enough????" is IDIOCY.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back