PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Derek Anderson freaks out to reporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to watch that game, but every time Derek Anderson threw the ball, i felt bad for Fitzgerald, makes me appreciate the gd QBing we have with TB.

Man i cant imagine how gd our offense would be with Fitzgerald, hes just as gd as Moss, minus the lack of effort and the drama.

If the reporters should be grilling Cardinals players about anything, it's why they wear those god-awful black jerseys:

Cardinaljersey.jpg

Man those things are ugly.

Stumbled across this article in which a reporter from Cleveland talks about some of Anderson's history there.

Colt McCoy hasn't answered all questions, but Cleveland Browns' Mike Holmgren is content | cleveland.com

Derek Anderson’s infamous post-game meltdown in Arizona Monday night came as no surprise to reporters who covered the quarterback five years with the Browns. Team officials who were his biggest supporters often questioned his mental toughness.

When he was asked once after getting injured whether Josh Cribbs could fill in at quarterback until he was healthy, Anderson snapped, “You guys must be smoking crack.”

Another time, when I blogged something critical about Anderson’s uncommonly bad Pro Bowl outing, he asked a PR official for my cell phone number and texted me a couple of cryptic, angry messages. It took a few months for him to get it all off his chest in a face-to-face meeting.

Finally, there was his parting shot to Browns fans, delivered via email to The (Lake County) News-Herald’s Jeff Schudel.

“The fans are ruthless and don’t deserve a winner,” Anderson wrote. “I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured. I know at times I wasn’t great. I hope and pray I’m playing when my team comes to town and [we] roll them.”

The Browns are scheduled to play the Cardinals next season. I sincerely doubt Anderson will get his wish. I think he’s finished in Arizona.

Considering the way Cleveland reporters treated Belichick, I'll take that opinion with a bit of a grain of salt. On the other hand, I never saw BB react anything remotely close to the way Anderson did.

Considering the way Cleveland reporters treated Belichick, I'll take that opinion with a bit of a grain of salt. On the other hand, I never saw BB react anything remotely close to the way Anderson did.

It'd be interesting to find out if the media there are easy on the "new" Browns compared to the original team. According to the book I read, the Cleveland media took out their frustration with Modell on Belichick, so you'd think they wouldn't be so hard on the Browns today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back