PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cool News About Mike Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done, Mike! If it were up to me, you'd win it every year. A model of patience, modesty and good humour who doesn't impose himself on the narrative. Thank you for your efforts.

Reiss is a throwback, just tries to concisely, objectively report on the Patriots, does not seem to gauge his success because approval, followers or likes on social media.. just the facts...

He's been around forever and he's just a good guy. I was fortunate enough to meet and have lunch with him many years ago and he's just one of the most genuine people you'll ever meet. He's certainly one of a kind and I'm glad he's remained the one constant in a market that has undergone so many changes beat-wise.

Not sure of the details behind the award but either way, it's certainly well-deserved :cool:
I think Mike started out with the Metro West Daily News? 1996?

Reactions: Ian
He's been around forever and he's just a good guy. I was fortunate enough to meet and have lunch with him many years ago and he's just one of the most genuine people you'll ever meet. He's certainly one of a kind and I'm glad he's remained the one constant in a market that has undergone so many changes beat-wise.

I was having lunch at one of the restaurants in Patriot Place a few years ago with my son and Mike was sitting with another man at a table near us. I wanted to say hello but I didn't want to bother them. Maybe I should have.

Reactions: Ian
The true test to let you know how great Mike Reiss is...ESPN didn't change him (though I'm sure they tried). Always appreciate his positive tilt for the team, his insight into the team and fairness when dealing with any negative stories. Boston deserves to have Mike and 10 other people covering the Pats who report like him.

On a board with contrarian takes around every corner and strange niches abound, nobody has ever had the gall to be anti-Mike Reiss, unless memory fails. Everyone loves Mike!

I was hoping to read that he hooked on with someone/someplace that deserved him. It looks like they are actually diminishing his content at ESPN...

" my sense is...." Perks everyone's ears up.

On a board with contrarian takes around every corner and strange niches abound, nobody has ever had the gall to be anti-Mike Reiss, unless memory fails. Everyone loves Mike!

Except for Chris Stevenson. Explained a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back