PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts board in meltdown over Luck's arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it's kind of a red flag to have a 29 year old QB and everyone's still making his case based on potential. He's solidly into what should be the prime of his career, and at this point he probably is what he is - after the injuries, you could even say it's optimistic to hope he'll get back to what he was.

And to be clear, what he was is a very good quarterback, and even in his current state he's a good quarterback, but it's not a generational talent and no-brain HOFer like everyone said he'd be from his junior year at Stanford onward.

At this point in his career, I think it's 50/50 whether he or Matt Ryan has more productive years in front of them as an NFL QB, and Ryan is more accomplished and less of an injury risk. So that's the conversation I think Luck belongs in - with the Matt Ryans and Matt Staffords of the world, aka the good quarterbacks who nobody seriously considers to be the best of their peers, let alone a QB of any historic significance.

Agree, that's a showcase of a talented guy ruined by a terrible franchise. I can't help but think that in the right situation he would be in the Russel Wilson conversation, Carlson Wentz apparently is headed to that same tier.

Now he is ruined beyond the point of no return. He should demand a trade.

Amazing that colts fans think Brissett is better option than Luck.. kinda agree. maybe AndyJohnson should clue them in... Lol

Watch luck come up lame next week with mystery leg injury..in comes JB..

He played all of 2017, he won 4 games.

The best bit about this whole Luck panic was he threw a bomb TD and for over 300 yards in week 1 and he was BACK! Now one bad game against a team that's very good at home defensively in the rain and he's DONE!

I love football fans.

Makes their decision at the end of their game to throw on both 3rd- & 4th-down at Philthy's goal line even more bizarre...unless Reich purposefully wanted Luck to play the Hero...which wouldn't surprise me much.

Makes their decision at the end of their game to throw on both 3rd- & 4th-down at Philthy's goal line even more bizarre...unless Reich purposefully wanted Luck to play the Hero...which wouldn't surprise me much.

What else would he call? Luck was their leading rusher, they can't run the ball.

Agree, that's a showcase of a talented guy ruined by a terrible franchise. I can't help but think that in the right situation he would be in the Russel Wilson conversation, Carlson Wentz apparently is headed to that same tier.

Now he is ruined beyond the point of no return. He should demand a trade.

Agreed, pretty much. I don't necessarily think he's at the point of no return, but I do believe he's at the point where nobody should reasonably expect a return. Dude's 29, he is what he is. The Colts definitely butchered the golden goose with him, and exacerbated their initial mistake by hanging on to the people who perpetrated this cluster**** for way longer than they deserved. But they did eventually move on at least, and better late than never.

Drafting Quenton Nelson #6 overall was a good first step, that guy is a beast on the line. I'm not one of those guys that deep-dives into line play, to the contrary I basically don't pay much attention to it unless it jumps off the screen for being notably good or notably bad. Nelson already falls into the former category, it's legitimately fun to watch him dominate people. So that's a good start, and now they need to spend 3 or 4 more round 1-3 picks on OLs to actually put their money where their mouth is and do their part in keeping their QB healthy. And Luck needs to do his part too, by learning to play smarter, more risk-averse football.

The Colts ruined a once very promising quarterback.

And the Redskins RG3. #1 and #2 picks in that draft. Maybe if the order was changed like some rumors suggested at the time, who knows ? I think RG3 would bust anyway, maybe Luck could have had a better development in Washington.

And the Redskins RG3. #1 and #2 picks in that draft. Maybe if the order was changed like some rumors suggested at the time, who knows ? I think RG3 would bust anyway, maybe Luck could have had a better development in Washington.
By all accounts Luck is much more coachable than RG3 ever was so who knows. Always thought Shanahan was a good coach who had a rocky ending in Washington.

What else would he call? Luck was their leading rusher, they can't run the ball.
Coordinators with imagination & toughness find ways to run for 2 measly yards when they have 2 chances to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing