PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Celtics vs Bucks G7

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win 2 against the 76ers it's all gravy IMO. Losing their two best (All-Star) players and competing for the ECF is a legit accomplishment. If they beat the 76ers that is incredible.

But this is a really mentally tough team, they think they belong in the Finals. I wouldn't be too shocked if they worked some magic in this series IF Brown is good to go. Losing Brown is too much to overcome.

I like that trade! I mean, I can't stand Kyrie the person talking about dumb stuff but i thought it was a great trade. It along with other moves and these young players will put the Celtics in contention for years to come. Hopefully the wheels start to fall off the GSW soon. They are still the team to beat imo if both are healthy.
People who were against it were simply wrong. They were wrong at the time and proven so. Kyrie is young, an NBA champion and the starting PG for the East All-Stars. He is a superstar and 29 y/o IT was not. IT had a legendary season but once he left Brad Stevens we saw what transpired with him.

The trade was such a slam dunk that the Celts would be shoe-in Easts Champs at full strength. That is why I am appalled at the idea of trading Tatum or Brown. They are already stacked enough to win a title with a mostly healthy roster. Brown and Tatum's further experience only helps moving forward.

Last edited:
If we win 2 against the 76ers it's all gravy IMO. Losing their two best (All-Star) players and competing for the ECF is a legit accomplishment. If they beat the 76ers that is incredible.

But this is a really mentally tough team, they think they belong in the Finals. I wouldn't be too shocked if they worked some magic in this series IF Brown is good to go. Losing Brown is too much to overcome.

What happened with brown?

If Brown is out it's over.

If Brown is ok it's 50/50.

hqdefault.jpg
Damn!

Sounds like a minor hammy. Question is whether he is good to go for Game 1, the rest he should be available.
I have no problem keeping him out until he's really ready, even if he misses a game or two.

I don't want anybody hobbling out there.

I have no problem keeping him out until he's really ready, even if he misses a game or two.

I don't want anybody hobbling out there.
I agree, but game 1 I think is huge for the Celtics - bigger than usual.

Obviously they have no shot to win it all but this is great for the team moving forward into next year once they are healthy.

This is odd to say but there is something kind of nice about cheering for a team you know can't win.

That was the thinking in Russell's last year, when they finished 4th with Bill as the player coach and then burst the balloons in LA.

Now that they have Smart back, and if Brown is healthy, nothing would surprise me.

DeFENSE... DeFENSE... DeFENSE.

Last edited:
That was the thinking in Russell's last year, when they finished 4th will Bill as the player coach and then burst the balloons in LA.

Now that they have Smart back, and if Brown is healthy, nothing would surprise me.

DeFENSE... DeFENSE... DeFENSE.
Just keep underestimating them - please. Worked so well for the Bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes