PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Celtics to trade #1 overall pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye Fultz...Hello Josh Jackson
The Celtics are the Browns, but they win.

I'd need to see the picks involved, and then think through the logic. I don't like it at first blush, but I'm not wed to opposing it.

Would Josh Jackson be a guard in the NBA?

They must not have liked the way Fultz looked when he worked out for them.

Morons like Danny Ainge keep you from taking the Patriots' competence for granted. Something is seriously wrong with that organization. The fact that that fool still has a job is clear proof.

Supposedly trying to load up on picks to go after an established star or stars. Love it

Isn't the top pick in the NBA draft insanely good and can get you a franchise type player that can completely turn things around?

Why would you trade that when you have a solid, young team already

I know nothing about college basketball or these players, but is it a deep draft?

Well, I guess it's cool that Boston has a moneyball team. Better work out if true. Or not. I'm really a fairweather fan when it comes to basketball.

Supposedly trying to load up on picks to go after an established star or stars. Love it

Unless you're getting

James
Durant
Davis
Towne
Embid (maybe)

it doesn't really make sense to go that route.

I'd need to see the picks involved, and then think through the logic. I don't like it at first blush, but I'm not wed to opposing it.
Yeah, exactly how I feel. I'm curious if their intentions are to trade down for a guy they'd prefer anyway and pick up more assets doing so, or if they want the picks in order to trade for a star, or both?

I don't follow college basketball except for the tourney, so I don't know much about grading these guys out, but:

Fultz, like Ben Simmons wasn't on one of the top 68 teams and didn't make the tourney. Gotta be a red flag.
Lonzo Ball looked lost against Kentucky and has a very very thin frame. Marcus Smart would eat his lunch IMO. Also his dad is a loon.
Jackson looked the part of a lottery pick IMO.

BUT....The way some people talk about Fultz is he could be the next Harding. And it would suck to pass on that.

Yeah, exactly how I feel. I'm curious if their intentions are to trade down for a guy they'd prefer anyway and pick up more assets doing so, or if they want the picks in order to trade for a star, or both?

Seems to me, team needs:

1. Another guard who can score the ball, in order to help Thomas, and to run the show when Thomas is on the bench
  2. A center who can rebound and command the rim, as well as put up some points down low
  3. A second big who can legitimately impact a game as a backup 4/5

I don't really see the need for Jackson, if they're looking at bringing in Hayward.
Smart can't run point, and he can't shoot worth a damn.
Bradley's not a great ballhandler, struggles with health, and still goes spotty with his shot.
Rozier's a backup, not a starter.
Brown and Hayward would be enough at small forward, even if you had to move Crowder
Horford's the 4, although backup minutes there are certainly available.

So, show me the trade(s) that take that into account (or tell me, on the down low, that you really like Fox as your pick, and are just picking up extra picks while trading down to get him), and I'll be happy to listen and absolutely open to being persuaded. Otherwise, use the pick.

Lakers president Magic Johnson "is in love" with Markelle Fultz and may try to move up to No. 1 possibly with Julius Randle included in a trade, according to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express.

The top pick looks to be on the block and it sounds like the Lakers and 76ers could get involved in a bidding war. The Lakers have said Brandon Ingram is really the only untouchable player, so unloading Randle is a possibility. The Celtics are expected to go after a power forward in free agency, so someone like Randle may change things. He's having a productive offseason and has lost some weight this summer.

Its gonna be fun if the Lakers take other player and lonzo ball goes to play in a ****hole of a city instead of LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes