PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT : Carson Wentz to Washington

JG to Colts
Brady to 49ers

Straightforward. Makes perfect sense for everyone.

Although Brady might be the thing that gets the 49ers over the hump for a Super Bowl win, you gotta wonder if they should be firing Lynch and/or Shanahan for spending three first round picks to draft a QB and he sits for two years.

So does this mean all the talk of Jaalen Hurts being their guy is a bunch of murlacky?

I am actually surprised the Colts got this much back for Went. He was awful down the stretch last year.

The Colts gave up a lot for Wentz with no on-field return, but it was somewhat of a Jedi mind trick to get Washington to give up multiple picks AND take all of Wentz’s money too, to end the suffering.

If they can get JG, as rumored, they have a ton of cap money for free agency if they can get people to come to India-no-place.

Home Alone Kevin GIF

Not so sure I wouldn't have just stuck with TH, signed a top Free Agent WR to pair with McLaurin, and draft a pass catching TE in the middle rounds. Wentz does not move the needle near enough for me to take on the 28 million.

Indy has got to be all but ready to offer 45-50 million & all of Irsays leftover stash of oxy to get the neckbeard out of retirement...

Last edited:
Washington never learns.

Although Brady might be the thing that gets the 49ers over the hump for a Super Bowl win, you gotta wonder if they should be firing Lynch and/or Shanahan for spending three first round picks to draft a QB and he sits for two years.
Yeah. It would tell me they don't think much of Lance. Doubt Brady comes back so he'll get his shot.

Yeah. It would tell me they don't think much of Lance. Doubt Brady comes back so he'll get his shot.

They spent a fortune for lance. Feels like a train wreck!

I think Brady retired because he knew the Bucs are not going to be a contender next year. If he could go to the 49ers (the team he grew up rooting for) and contend again, I could see him coming back. I think he looks at football now like the NBA where a franchise player tries manufacture an All Star team. He brought pieces to Tampa, but San Fran is already stacked. He would still probably try to bring Gronk and Antonio Brown with him.

But I never got the love for Lance. He has a lot of raw talent, but people said he was several years away from being a starter. When you are several years away from being a starter, you have no business being drafted in the first round never mind the third pick.

Ariens said he would demand five first round draft picks for rights to Brady. Doubt niners are giving up that for 1-2 years of Tom

Ariens has no say in the matter. It would be Jason Licht's call. And I think Brady only unretires if the Bucs commit to a legit starting QB and then he forces them to trade him.

Yet Wentz had a higher QB rating than Mac, and the Colts beat us with him at the helm. Of course, you’d expect a veteran #2 pick in the draft to outplay a rookie. They must have their eye on a veteran - I bet they go after Trubisky. They freed up a bunch of money with which to sign him, and they’ve gotta be a little leery of making another trade for a two-time loser…

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back