PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bruins vs Leafs Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
last two games we've been awefully unlucky w/ finishing, we're 95% of the way there

that doesn't change game 7, law of averages kicks in and we start finishing a bunch

we win game 7 going away

This series kind of reminds me of the old Bruins vs Canadians series.

We would press and squeeze our sticks to hard ... trying to score on a well defended net.

Then the Canadains would use that pressure against us and score a goal on a lightly defended net.

I don't know if i can blame rask tonight. He wasn't perfect but they had all the time to get the game tying goal. Right now I give this team a 30 percent chance to win game 7 based on what i have seen recently. Again the only way i see a win will be if they jump on them early offensively.
so you don't see the team that has controlled most of the last 2 games winning the next? I give the leafs a 30% chance

so you don't see the team that has controlled most of the last 2 games winning the next? I give the leafs a 30% chance

I don’t see Boston as having “controlled” the last two games.

They were not in 2011 - won 3 that year.

How about the year before that? I don't see how this team wins Game 7 unless they start off really good in the first period. Pasta has been nowhere to be found. They will start to get tight and the leafs have nothing to lose.

The first period will tell me how this game will go. If they can jump on them early then i see them winning game 7. Being up 2-0 to start the game.

The Bruins are atrocious in elimination games at home. Alright but that’s an aberration. What about in every other year before and after?

Before and after??? Kind of a reach just for the sake of trolling. They are 3-3 this decade in Game 7's at home but that has little to no bearing on this game 7 since the last one was 4 years ago. Every year's team is it's own beast, it's not like this roster as currently constituted played a game 7 last week. Does the Pats SB loss mean they are doomed if they go back to it this season?

Before and after??? Kind of a reach just for the sake of trolling. They are 3-3 this decade in Game 7's at home but that has little to no bearing on this game 7 since the last one was 4 years ago. Every year's team is it's own beast, it's not like this roster as currently constituted played a game 7 last week. Does the Pats SB loss mean they are doomed if they go back to it this season?

How confident are you? We need guys like Marchand and pasta to step up offensively.

The first period will tell me how this game will go. If they can jump on them early then i see them winning game 7. Being up 2-0 to start the game.
They went up on Philly 3-0 after one and lost. Every game is different - play all 60 minutes (or more if needed) and don’t worry about the last 2 games.

How confident are you? We need guys like Marchand and pasta to step up offensively.

Everyone needs to step up offensively. I watched Pasta try to do way too much on his own last night. But realistically in spite of only scoring one goal the errors that cost them last night were of the unforced turnover variety. Outside of the empty netter Toronto's goals both came off inexcusable turnovers. Blind passes to no one (or worse) were the order of the day. It was particularly frustrating to watch Krug make some horrific decisions with the puck. McEvoy is a kid with huge upside but with the injury and his relative inexperience I understand he may have hit the wall a bit but WTH is Krug's excuse? Understanding they are loathe to throw Donato to the wolves I wouldn't be surprised if he dressed in place of Wingels, he may not be up to speed on the overall team D but the kid has mad offensive skills.

Last edited:
They went up on Philly 3-0 after one and lost...
It was 3-1 after the first period.

I would not have played McAvoy last night. He is now panicking almost every time that his back is to an aggressive forecheck, and he is not being strong on contested pucks. Hey Chucky, don't you yet have the feeling that you're not in the ECAC any more?

And I absolutely would NOT have played Tooka the Finnish Fraud, whose record in elimination games now stands at 5-12...let that one sink in...

And there's also NO WAY that the Ruins are winning game 7, especially if the aforementioned FF is starting.

I would not have played McAvoy last night. He is now panicking almost every time that his back is to an aggressive forecheck, and he is not being strong on contested pucks. Hey Chucky, don't you yet have the feeling that you're not in the ECAC any more?

And I absolutely would NOT have played Tooka the Finnish Fraud, whose record in elimination games now stands at 5-12...let that one sink in...

And there's also NO WAY that the Ruins are winning game 7, especially if the aforementioned FF is starting.
We will see. That's why they play the games.

Great to see the board follow the NHL. As a card carrying Canadian i have been watching all the hockey I can get my eyes on, and this series is a "doozy eh".

The Bruins look so fast at times if it wasn't for Anderson the Leafs would be on the fairways.

Game 7 is anyone's game but the B's are at home and they of course look good, Bergy is a beast in the circle....that whole top line is really firing on all cylinders.

Can't wait for tmr night...

We've all been spoiled by Tim Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes