OT: Broncos strip season tix from holders who didn't attend a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Fascinating! The Broncos have been monitoring ticket resale sites and have been tracking who has been selling seats. Armed with that, they refused to renew season tickets for 400 people who sold all their tickets last season.

I wonder if this sort of thing will spread around the league.

Denver Broncos season-ticket holders outraged over losing seats

I know of 2 teams, the Jaguars and the Buccaneers, who have done the same already. I would bet there are others.

My buddy just upgraded his seats here. Haha. Now I know how it was possible. Would be nice if Krafty did the same thing.

there are people who actually own jaguars and buccaneers season tickets?
:eek:
Yeah, it struck me as unusual that those teams did such a thing. Not exactly a couple of franchises with decades-long waiting lists...

I think the teams just want to stop scalpers. Not something I will be losing any sleep over.

Screw ST holders who use their seats as a financial asset. Let folks who want to attend in person go to games.

Absolutely agree. Considering how many folks are waiting in line to become season ticket holders, I can't disagree at all with this policy. Use 'em or lose 'em.

Good for them.

This is actually a really wise move and really helps the fans out a lot. Season tickets should be held by actual fans, not losers using them to make money.

I wish the Pats would do something like this (although I hope they give you at least a chance to explain yourself - what if you want to hold onto your seats but there is an illness or a legit reason you can't go for a year? I think back to 2002 when I went to the home opener at Gillette almost 7 mos. pregnant with twins, but then could not attend again for the rest of the season). I also wish they would kick people off the ticket exchange who buy seats there only to put them on Stub Hub or elsewhere 5 minutes later. Maddening! And it happened a lot last season. Those are obviously scalpers who have wormed their way onto the Ticket Exchange. I cautiously applaud.

Edit - it says some seats were reinstated after they proved health reasons (but others were not). I can honestly say, however, that I have never sold my seats to a game since 1993. We either use them or give them away to friends and family. I guess I am safe!

Last edited:
Screw ST holders who use their seats as a financial asset. Let folks who want to attend in person go to games.

I understand, but ticket resale helps fans who want to attend a game but cannot afford season tix or for whom not practical (I live in SC). It is not like the seats are mostly unused.

I mean, honestly, short of mitigating circumstances, if you aren't attending at least half of the regular games over a period of, say, 3 years, then you should probably forfeit them too.

Season ticket holders are like the Taxi badge thing and it's stupid and only going to get worse.

I'd rather see tickets go to enthusiastic fans who want to get to all the games they can.

I sold two games last year on stubhub....

I couldn't go or give them away and felt better selling them for a small profit than giving them away for nothing (to the Krafts) on the ticketexchange.

Now I'm not sure if I should feel guilty or not.

I'm ok with the concept if there is a process in place to question them first and force them to prove there was a legitimate reason why they didn't attend one game. There are several good reasons out there, but I'm good with squashing the scalpers/speculators/investors.

I sold two games last year on stubhub....

I couldn't go or give them away and felt better selling them for a small profit than giving them away for nothing (to the Krafts) on the ticketexchange.

Now I'm not sure if I should feel guilty or not.

You should feel guilty for not knowing whether you should feel guilty about it. C'mon man, live up to your heritage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft