PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brett Favre narcissism tour 2010 has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
His constant waffling pisses me off too (because that is a huge pet peeve with me), but count me in as one that hopes he comes back. At the very least, it will add some spice to our meeting with the Vikings.

In honor of Brad Childress heading down to Kilne, MS to beg Favre to come back and play another year eventhough everyone knows he is coming back anyway, I bring you the quote of Bus Cook, his agent, from Men's Journal where he throws Brett under the Bus (no pun intended):

“Brett talked to goddamned Ed Werder at ESPN, says he needs ankle surgery. Now why did he do that? I’ve got Childress calling. I’ve got reporterscalling all damn morning. Goddammit, why does he have to be such a goddamned drama queen? Play, don’t play, goddamn, people are getting sick of it. I’m getting sick of it! Why does he have to talk to these people? What good does it do? Ed Werder at ESPN! What’s he ever done for anybody other than say, ‘Look, look, Mommy, I got this first, ain’t I special?’ You got problems with surgery, talk to your wife. Why talk to goddamned Ed Werder?”

In the August 2010 Issue: Brett Favre|Men’s Journal

When your own agent think you are an attention seeking drama queen, you have gone too far.

Ha ha. His agent. That sounds like its from the onion.

Last edited:
Ha ha. His agent. That sounds like its from the onion.

Not even the onion could craft a funnier situation there...

Almost sounds like he is at the point that the 3% Favre is netting him isn't worth it anymore.

I have always thought he was overrated... but now I just hate him for what he has been doing over the last few years. It's like the guy has no clue of people's perception of his actions and thinks what he's doing is normal.

Re: OT: Brett Favre Narcissism Tour 2010 Has begun

I hate him with a passion even more fiery than seeing Desmond Howard return the kickoff for a touchdown in '96.
I hate Howard more because without him Favre would not have a SB ring.

His constant waffling pisses me off too (because that is a huge pet peeve with me), but count me in as one that hopes he comes back. At the very least, it will add some spice to our meeting with the Vikings.

But there has never been any waffling. To this point in his life Brett Favre has never considered retiring from the NFL.

Now if you are referring to his annual PR campaign where he pretends to be unsure if he'll play, I think everyone is tired of that.

I have always thought he was overrated... but now I just hate him for what he has been doing over the last few years. It's like the guy has no clue of people's perception of his actions and thinks what he's doing is normal.

Lol, he was one of the best QBs in the league last year never mind all he has done before that. He is certainly one of the great QBs of the game as far as his on the field contributions are concerned.

Re: OT: Brett Favre Narcissism Tour 2010 Has begun

I hate Howard more because without him Favre would not have a SB ring.

Likely so, but tossing 4 INTs with Max "Fast Lane" @ RT didn't help the Pats' cause either.

Last edited:
But there has never been any waffling. To this point in his life Brett Favre has never considered retiring from the NFL.

Now if you are referring to his annual PR campaign where he pretends to be unsure if he'll play, I think everyone is tired of that.

I'm not sure how you could honestly believe that, at the age of 40, Brett Favre is not considering retirement. Just how much he considers it is up for debate, but he certainly considers it. This year, I think it will be less than other years, though, just based on the type of season he put up in 2009.

Oh and I'll just add that Bus Cook is one hell of an idiot for saying that. He might lost Favre over it, and like how can you trust him to be your agent when he does that?

Other players might leave him over it, and young players coming into the league will be advised by to stay away from him by the many 40/50 year old dads who really love that Brett Favre has stayed in the game at his age.

Lol, he was one of the best QBs in the league last year never mind all he has done before that. He is certainly one of the great QBs of the game as far as his on the field contributions are concerned.

I meant overrated compared to where he's rated... I know he's good but not top 5 or even 10 all time good.

The guy won one ring and it was mostly due to the returner than him... not to mention he has more ugly and game ending passes than anybody else I can think of.

Last edited:
Ooops! Forgot about that.

Not to get even more off-track ;) , but it makes me wonder... Ron Wolf purportedly was looking to get the ol' hillbilly to play for the Jets because he was working there at the time. What would that have been like? Would he have fizzled out because he couldn't resist the temptation of the big city? There's a lot of people who say even with all his talent he wouldn't have developed into what he became without Mike Holmgren and his crew (i.e. Gruden, Mariucci, etc.)

Hopefully, all our young defensive backs will get some "hands" practice.

Better than a Juggs machine.:D

As could be expected, in the wake of the article Brett is now attempting to turn himself into the victim of people who can't be trusted. For the record, I don't think he's talking about Bus but rather the journalist who actually, you know, reported what was said and done during his brief time there...

This is another take on his recent antics from a former player's perspective. It highlights one of the reasons Brady would never hold out on his teamates - because he embraces the role of leader.

Is he worried about the intense practices? Sorry, but as a former offensive lineman I am not going to let a quarterback who wears a red jersey in practice attempt to get away with that excuse. That red jersey he wears means he is not allowed to even be touched, so Favre's gotta come up with something better than that.

Maybe he doesn't want to wear out his arm? Seems reasonable until you consider exactly how much clout and control Favre has in this situation. Does anyone honestly think head coach Brad Childress would ask Favre to throw one more football than he wants to? Didn't think so. Favre could easily be on a pitch count if he wanted. Heck, it could be the exact same number of throws he makes every day at Oak Grove High in Mississippi.

So if he can't get hit and he can make as few throws as he wants, why exactly does he not want to be there, like the rest of his teammates? Is it sunburn? I'm sure they can find him a hat. Doesn't like the beds in Mankato? I'll bet they'd be willing to bring in a king size Tempur-Pedic for the 40-year-old grandfather. Maybe it's the food, but I always loved the myriad of culinary options available at training camp, so I find that one hard to believe too.

My point is not that Favre's desire to skip training camp will have an adverse effect on the Vikings season, because clearly, based on their success last year, that isn't the concern. My point is that Favre is not deserving of being a team leader if he misses training camp this year. There doesn't appear to be any good reason for him to not be there, other than he can get away with it. But that means it's all about him again, as, sadly, it usually is.

Brett Favre doesn't deserve to be treated like leader - Ross Tucker - SI.com

Can't wait for the day i don't have to see another Lord Favor undecided headline.

Here are a few pics to class this thread up.

alg_favre-sacked.jpg

610x.jpg

alg_favre-sack.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick