PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Braylon Edwards arrested with DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GostkowSKI

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Arrested at 5:15 this morning with a .16 BAC.

oh man. thats too bad.

slighty OT but remember furcal, the SS for the Braves got busted at about the same time in the morning for DUI before a Sunday game.....he was in the starting lineup 6 hours later!

oh man. thats too bad.

slighty OT but remember furcal, the SS for the Braves got busted at about the same time in the morning for DUI before a Sunday game.....he was in the starting lineup 6 hours later!

Just a side note.. MLB union is the strongests out of any union in this country.. NFL union is totally different and B.E. won't be playing this weekend.. or the near future..

Last edited:
Do they serve cheeseburgers in the joint?

Just a side note.. MLB union is the strongests out of any union in this country.. NFL union is totally different and B.E. won't be playing this weekend.. or the near future..

what's the standard? 4 games?

The NFL is severe, but not quick.

Good chance he gets a four game suspension starting with the week 4 or week 5 game.

First he's taunting Butler now he's taunting the NYPD. Ball's in your court Goodell. Do the right thing!

On a side note, how dumb do you have to be to not call a cab. I'm pretty sure he can afford it, and don't tell me there are no cabs in the cab capital of the world. Idiot. :violent:

The NFL is severe, but not quick.

Good chance he gets a four game suspension starting with the week 4 or week 5 game.

It might be sooner, because I think he's already on the NFL's Radar.

J-e-t-s d-u-i!!!

What a ****! Why couldn't he have done that a couple weeks ago??

Boomer Esiason & Greg Carton on WFAN reported it down here at 8:15, 3 hours after it happened. They just added that an unnamed starting Jets player was in the passenger seat.
This guy shows up on Sunday for the 1st time in ages and actually impacts a game and helps his team massively. Great timing for The Pats... not.

This latest news just frustrates me. A little too late for our liking, ya think? Just twists the knife a little.

and the excessive celebration continues

Why couldn't he have done that a couple weeks ago??

:yeahthat: lol

And the same old question comes up; WHY don't these guys just use a driver, a limo, a cab, anything but drive themselves in the wee hours of the morning? :cool:

Apparently this isn't Edwards' first run-in with The Law (from the article):
In October, just before he was traded to the Jets from the Browns, Edwards punched a friend of LeBron James outside a Cleveland nightclub.

Edwards settled the case by pleading no contest to aggravated assault. He received a suspended 180-day jail sentence, and was fined $1,000 and placed on probation.

I don't know why every one is being so hard on Braylon. The Jets did just win their second annual week 2 superbowl. Teams always party hardy during the superbowl victory celebration.

Obviously he made a very poor decision, but what seems dumb to me is that he got pulled over for tinted windows. So he went out in a car that he knew he could get pulled over for at any moment and got drunk to the point where he was twice the legal limit in NY. Not smart.

Was he wearing that new pinstripe suit with cap on

Obviously he made a very poor decision, but what seems dumb to me is that he got pulled over for tinted windows. So he went out in a car that he knew he could get pulled over for at any moment and got drunk to the point where he was twice the legal limit in NY. Not smart.

No one ever confused him for a mensa candidate. Lets see if Goodell holds true to form with his discipline.

I guess when he actually catches the ball, he goes all out on his celebrations...:D

Now Boomer, the ex-Jet is going off and getting all self righteous about it. He has his voice raised a little and saying,"Well, if I was the Jets front office, I'd say see ya!"

Oh really? After that ridiculous performance on Sunday? With Rex and his rogue bunch of outlaws? They don't give a crap wtf anyone does off field if they're producing. Uhh... Cromarte anyone? The guy fits right in, for crissakes.

This just adds to the Jets rag-tag Jersey image. Who cares? Just win, baby. That's every NFL team's mantra. They'll just tell Edwards to keep his nose clean in the interim. They'll just give him a lecture and let the NFL front offices deal with it.

If it was Randy Moss, would I care? No.

Whatever. Just make sure yer sober come game time.

Most people turned into a friggin' lynch mob going after Dante Stallworth. I can't wait for all the holier than tho's to come outta the woodwork and give their 2 cents on this latest b.s.

People are imperfect. They're gonna do whatever they're gonna do. Edwards got a dui? Big deal. Whatever. Must be a slow news day. Ain't gonna effect The Jets much whether he stays or goes, or is suspended anyway. It probably won't change their win-loss record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents