PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills name Peterman as starting QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peterman has looked good this preseason. Glad to see him get another chance before Allen takes over.

He has looked good during the preseason. It was their only option. Allen looks lost even against the opposing 2's.

But that's only based on watching one of their games. So who knows.

4DQaC.jpg

..And it was pretty good.
*Susie

Peterman threw 5 INT’s in one half.

Believe me, he found a way.
I’m saying over a period time not in his first half of football.

People make “AFC Least” jokes all the time to play down the Patriots winning it but this might be the year where the division lives up (down?) to that nickname...

I'm not so sure I would sleep on Peterman. He did throw 5 INT's but he was thrown to the sharks, with very little prep time.

He showed resilence by bouncing back from that game and one thing I've noticed about him is that he is not afraid to try to thread the ball in there. He has an aggressive, gung-ho mindset.

Basically another Blake Bortles situation. They don't want to throw him into the wolves so they let Chad Henne (Nathan Peterman) get murdered first before eventually starting Blake Bortles (Josh Allen).
Or similar to the sacrificial offering the Colts made of Scott Tolzein to try to get Jacoby Brissett at least one week of practice before leaning on him.

Or the decision by the 49ers to continue to play CJ Beat hard after they got Jimmy G for a couple weeks.

Patriots are so lucky to have Brady.

It is so ugly for the teams in search of a real qb.
Agreed. This kind of thing is why the Brissett skeptics are dead wrong, at least in terms of him being an NFL starter.

There's always between 5-10 teams in throw-crap-at-the-wall mode at the quarterback position, with the winner of the starting job basically being the guy who either sucks least, or failing that, sucked less recently. Consistency, even consistent mediocricy, has value in the NFL, otherwise no one could explain Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The Bills are going to be terrible this year. 1st overall pick terrible.

He gives them a better chance to win.

When the answer to the question, "Which QB gives us the best chance to win?" is Nate Peterman... let's just say it's not a great omen.

Ha. Where's that Ray Liotta meme?

When the answer to the question, "Which QB gives us the best chance to win?" is Nate Peterman... let's just say it's not a great omen.

MMM.... fresh meat. On the hoof, too. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand