PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bills Fans Are Done with McDermott

Yeah, seems like Blank is having second thoughts. Or probably more likely McKay doesn't want to have to work with Bill and is pushing the search away from him.
There was a speculative report of BB being uneasy over potentially reporting to McKay directly.

There was a speculative report of BB being uneasy over potentially reporting to McKay directly.
Yeah, it's probably a bad situation for everyone, to have the owner love Bill but the GM not during the wooing process. But it becomes a lot worse for everyone if Bill gets the job.

The context of that statement is a trade. It's unknown if he has any specific language preventing him from going to another AFC East team.
Context is he let Brady walk, no strings. Same with Bill because they earned that right.

My interpretation. Ymmv

Context is he let Brady walk, no strings. Same with Bill because they earned that right.

My interpretation. Ymmv
Players and executive contracts are different. Who knows.

People really want BB in Buffalo? I don't.

People really want BB in Buffalo? I don't.
They're just going through their laundry list of fall guys. First it was Ken Dorsey, next is McDermott, next is Beane, and then maybe, just maybe, 6 years down the road, they'll realize that it's their rocks-for-brains QB.

It won't be as easy as you think but what's the big deal anyway?
You sure about that?

Schula has 347 career wins
BB........ has 333 career wins

15 regular/post season wins is doable in 1 season with a real QB like Josh Allen.

Schula regular season wins 328
BB........regular season wins 302

27 more wins? I like my chances with past his prime BB.
It'd be more impressive if Bill didn't already own the loss record.
BB will always own the post season win record at 31 and he is still coaching.

Reid at 24 post season wins will retire soon.

I’m starting to wonder if Bill is even going to get the Falcons job. The Falcons are now interviewing the Texans and Lions OC’s according to NFL Good Morning Football. If Arthur Blank really wanted Bill wouldn’t he just interview two coaches to satisfy the Rooney rule and then hire Bill instead of interviewing Harbaugh, and the two OC’s.
He’ll probably interview him 3 times and not hire him to match their points output of the collapse. Ultimate pay back. Not really but…

Mcdermott is a good coach. He brought them back from 6-6 almost got them to AFC championship.
I guess they could bring in Vrabel

Mcdermott is a good coach. He brought them back from 6-6 almost got them to AFC championship.
I guess they could bring in Vrabel
I think this is one of those things where you yell about wanting to quit your job after a bad day. Then after a day or two, you come to your senses.

You sure about that?

Schula has 347 career wins
BB........ has 333 career wins

15 regular/post season wins is doable in 1 season with a real QB like Josh Allen.

Schula regular season wins 328
BB........regular season wins 302

27 more wins? I like my chances with past his prime BB.

BB will always own the post season win record at 31 and he is still coaching.

Reid at 24 post season wins will retire soon.
I look at those "most ever" records, even Bill's loss record, as a result of longevity, like a Yaz record. The true test of superiority or inferiority is in the %'s, though it's still more about the players than the coaches, just like it always has been and always will be.

Off with his head.
off with his head GIF

Yeah, it's probably a bad situation for everyone, to have the owner love Bill but the GM not during the wooing process. But it becomes a lot worse for everyone if Bill gets the job.
So choose between BB or McKay….

Buffalo is probably screwed for the foreseeable future now anyways.

In 2024 Allen's cap hit goes from 18.6 million to 47 million. At the moment Buffalo has 44 million in cap space, do the math. So unless they stumble upon some rookie sensations, they can't afford any big signings, so they will probably run pretty much the same line-up back next year. Another year of too much reliance on Diggs, who is in his 30's and will probably lose a step or two. He also seems to disappear in the clutch.
The defense was pretty banged up but it's not a particularly young unit. If the Bills' defense also runs it back, hoping for more injury luck, there will be six starters sitting in their 30s.
This year was probably the Bills' best shot at a Super Bowl, at least for a long while.
This was the weakest the Chiefs have ever been, with the rest of the AFC not being much to write home about, either.

This was it, and the Bills still couldn't do it. It's really hard to imagine they ever will.

That's like criticizing Brady for losing three Superbowls.
No it isn't. It has nothing to do with the SB losses, which, like the wins, are usually more a result of the players on the field.

Let's keep it simple. Bill has lost more games than anyone but two below average coaches and in less years than some of the others. And that's in spite of having Brady for 20 of his 30 years. That's just stating a fact.

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back