PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Big Ben throws a fit because Steelers drafted a QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! Really? You're going there? To date. No. And last time I checked he was still on his rookie contract, so he doesn't even qualify.
We don't agree on what hit means.

We don't agree on what hit means.
I said in my initial post, the player needs to sign a new contract for more money than his rookie deal to be a "hit" imo.
I'm kinda surprised you have that much hope in Mitchell. That whole situation is destined for disappointment in my opinion. Chronic knee issues don't just go away.

I said in my initial post, the player needs to sign a new contract for more money than his rookie deal to be a "hit" imo.
I'm kinda surprised you have that much hope in Mitchell. That whole situation is destined for disappointment in my opinion. Chronic knee issues don't just go away.
I know that's what you said but I don't agree with it.

It takes time to determine if a player was a hit or a miss. Thats cronic on this board. People on this board think Malcom Brown was a miss.

I'm not saying MM was a hit or a miss. I hated you on a corner case.

Players like Chad Jackson and Dobson were misses. No question there. Time has proven they were busts.

JE11 was clearly a hit (more like a flyer that worked out)

MM had a very good rookie year and helped them win a SB. He was hurt last year. This year is pivotal but he certainly is not a miss- yet.

I know that's what you said but I don't agree with it.

It takes time to determine if a player was a hit or a miss. Thats cronic on this board. People on this board think Malcom Brown was a miss.

I'm not saying MM was a hit or a miss. I hated you on a corner case.

Players like Chad Jackson and Dobson were misses. No question there. Time has proven they were busts.

JE11 was clearly a hit (more like a flyer that worked out)

MM had a very good rookie year and helped them win a SB. He was hurt last year. This year is pivotal but he certainly is not a miss- yet.
I always value your thoughts and insights, as you are one of the most knowledgeable when it comes to Patriots discussion, so I will take your word, and wait and see.

I always value your thoughts and insights, as you are one of the most knowledgeable when it comes to Patriots discussion, so I will take your word, and wait and see.
Appreciate it man.

I'm just patient with young players but I have my limits too.

For example....Jordan Richards is a miss

So you are saying the Pats offensive personnel suck? Gronk sucks? JE11 sucks? Lewis sucks? Danny?

I think we've seen what Tom looks like with no one to throw to in 2013 and it was ugly and this current personnel on offense is 10x better that that.

Let’s not kid ourselves...Tom makes them better than they are. And I’m only talking about our receivers, not Gronk or oline.

Let’s not kid ourselves...Tom makes them better than they are. And I’m only talking about our receivers, not Gronk or oline.
Of course he does. That's not the debate.

The debate is asserting Roeth would become Ryan Mallett with this talent

Of course he does. That's not the debate.

The debate is asserting Roeth would become Ryan Mallett with this talent
I wouldn't go that far. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he would be Cassell'esque. :p

Did he make the comments while limping with a walking boot on?

Definitely not 2012, but if Brady put up Flacco's numbers last year (19 TDs and 13 Ints) everyone would say he's washed up. Same should apply to Big Ben.

Definitely not 2012, but if Brady put up Flacco's numbers last year (19 TDs and 13 Ints) everyone would say he's washed up. Same should apply to Big Ben.

Point is Ben is a 60% 24/12 3500 yd guy in this offense.

Point is Ben is a 60% 24/12 3500 yd guy in this offense.

Interesting thought. I don't think Ben fits in with NE's receivers TBH. I don't see him as a EP kind of QB. That's just me though.

Interesting thought. I don't think Ben fits in with NE's receivers TBH. I don't see him as a EP kind of QB. That's just me though.
These days it's an average year. I think Ben is seasoned and talented enough to execute. With Bill, Gronk, JE and Josh Been would do ok.

Because of how great he is Tom takes the thing to a whole different level.

If Ben were a baseball player he would be one of those random sluggers that nails 35-40 taters a year while hitting . 220 with poor fundamentals.. Just going out there on raw talent, whereas Brady is a 5 tool superstar who studies his craft looking for any way to improve.

Ben is an all or nothing type of guy, Brady is the consistent pro, and I agree Ben wouldn't be as good in the NE offense.. He's too impatient.

He should have taken the Fifth and had his heir run out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes