PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Big Ben throws a fit because Steelers drafted a QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?

In a Friday morning interview with KDKA's Cook and Poni in Pittsburgh, Roethlisberger expressed further displeasure, questioning the allocation of resources toward another potential quarterback of the future.

When Roethlisberger informed the Steelers in January of his intention to play three more years, he suspected the organization was content to go forward with Landry Jones as the backup and last year's fourth-round pick, Joshua Dobbs, in the developmental role.

"So, I was surprised when they took a quarterback," Roethlisberger said Friday, "because I thought that maybe in the third round, you can get some really good football players that can help this team now. And nothing against Mason, I think he's a great football player ... I just don't know how backing up or being the third guy, who knows where he's going to fall on the depth chart, but helps us win now."

I would like to hope TB12 would never have gone public with a statement like this. He's clearly all about Ben Roethlisberger here and the impetus for the statement is that he felt drafting Rudolph was a vote of no confidence. Even if that's the case though, gotta keep it in the room. A rookie's job is bad enough without this level of drama

Also this:

Asked about mentoring Rudolph, Roethlisberger was blunt.

"I don't think I'll need to, now that he said he doesn't need me. If he asks me a question, I might just have to point to the playbook," Roethlisberger said with a laugh.

Rudolph told the media on draft night that it's not up to Roethlisberger to teach him anything, and that it's his own job to learn.

Roethlisberger said he will answer questions if Rudolph asks, but added that backup Landry Jones is skilled at helping young quarterbacks.

Stay classy, Big Ben

Ben was turning into the modern day Favre with his constant waffling at the end of the season, then he's surprised the Steelers drafted a QB that might replace him one day.

Not saying that Rudolph is anything like Rodgers, but they did trade up on day 2 to get him despite having a developmental guy like Dobbs already on the roster so they must like him a lot.

Ben is a drama queen and I am so happy he's not our QB. Rants about maybe retiring and now he's shocked that he signed a new QB. I hate Ben.

P.S. If you google Ben Rapistberger his wikia still comes up like normal and google treat Rapistberger and his actual name as the same thing!

Amazing qb but massive prick
8a5ca50b-62d8-44ba-820d-066aa93221d7_text.gif

Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?

I would like to hope TB12 would never have gone public with a statement like this. He's clearly all about Ben Roethlisberger here and the impetus for the statement is that he felt drafting Rudolph was a vote of no confidence. Even if that's the case though, gotta keep it in the room. A rookie's job is bad enough without this level of drama

Also this:

Stay classy, Big Ben
Butthole Ben should look at his contract and caphit a little more closely.

He better have a great year because after this year he is very tradeable or cuttable

He'a all of 3-5 in the playoffs since 2011 including last season's one-and-done. His cap hit is over $17M this year, so he's got Pittsburgh in a bind, but who knows? I wouldn't be too surprised if they trade him if they get some money in the deal to make the cap hit less painful. The Steelers are drafting QBs for a reason.

This is a guy who took a 19-year-old woman into a men's room stall with body guards to deny access to anyone trying to stand up to him while he abused her, has a long history of expensive food and drink tabs and no tips for the servers and staff, and has refused to help anyone coming up through the Steelers' "system." Whining at his age is just par for the course.

Hasn’t the Steelers backup QB have to play in important regular season games every other year in Ben’s tenure?

Amazing qb but massive prick
I'm not sure Amazing is the right adjective? His HOF credentials were lowered quite a bit in the last minute of their last playoff game. Although, right on with being a massive prick.

Looks like Rudolph is gonna get the Aaron Rodgers treatment with regards to the starter-backup qb relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down