PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Best place to find Pats-Texans tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I live in southeast Texas and plan on making the trip up for my first home Patriots game for the season opener. When we saw the Astros would be in town playing the Red Sox that same weekend, my cousin and another friend and I decided it was the perfect time for me to finally catch my Pats at Gillette. I'm the Pats fan, my cousin a Texans fan and our friend a Cowboys fan, but we're all Astros fans and getting to see a game at Fenway is a must and the reason the trip is finally happening. Watching a game or two there and then catching the Pats is about the perfect sports weekend.

We checked out stubhub and the prices for the Texans game are obviously very pricy. Is there another site where prices might not be quite as bad, or does someone know of anybody looking to sell 3 seats?

We're going to spend a couple extra days in town to see some sites, so any suggestions for places we need to go while there would also be appreciated.

I live in southeast Texas and plan on making the trip up for my first home Patriots game for the season opener. When we saw the Astros would be in town playing the Red Sox that same weekend, my cousin and another friend and I decided it was the perfect time for me to finally catch my Pats at Gillette. I'm the Pats fan, my cousin a Texans fan and our friend a Cowboys fan, but we're all Astros fans and getting to see a game at Fenway is a must and the reason the trip is finally happening. Watching a game or two there and then catching the Pats is about the perfect sports weekend.

We checked out stubhub and the prices for the Texans game are obviously very pricy. Is there another site where prices might not be quite as bad, or does someone know of anybody looking to sell 3 seats?

We're going to spend a couple extra days in town to see some sites, so any suggestions for places we need to go while there would also be appreciated.
Boy, you picked a good weekend to attend. ‘Stros are looking tough again this year. Getting 3 seats together may be a bit more difficult than 2, but if you’re willing to pay the ridiculous prices on those sites, you’ll be okay.

You can also try SeatGeek and even the regular Ticketmaster site, which will offer up their “verified resale” seats. While you’re going to get screwed no matter what, at least you’ll have some other sites to compare prices. They usually say that waiting until the week of is the best option due to a belief that ticket prices drop before the game, but that’s nearly impossible to do when traveling from out of town, and I’m not even sure whether the logic would apply due to it being the opener.

Good luck and have fun. I’m jealous.

Boy, you picked a good weekend to attend. ‘Stros are looking tough again this year. Getting 3 seats together may be a bit more difficult than 2, but if you’re willing to pay the ridiculous prices on those sites, you’ll be okay.

You can also try SeatGeek and even the regular Ticketmaster site, which will offer up their “verified resale” seats. While you’re going to get screwed no matter what, at least you’ll have some other sites to compare prices. They usually say that waiting until the week of is the best option due to a belief that ticket prices drop before the game, but that’s nearly impossible to do when traveling from out of town, and I’m not even sure whether the logic would apply due to it being the opener.

Good luck and have fun. I’m jealous.

Thanks for the advice. Being the one Patriots fan going, the game obviously has more value to me, so I'm just hoping to limit the damage as much as I can with the ticket purchase.

Bought a bunch of tickets off Stub Hub 2-3 weeks ago....

Yes, get the anal lube out....

But F it....it's the opener....Deshaun Watson, J.J. Watt, Clowney, Hopkins, Bill O'Brien.... gonna be a beautiful fall day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News