PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ben Johnson staying in Detroit.

That makes a ton of sense save for the fact that you're the one who brought it up.

No. I was helping someone understand that they shouldn't worry about your passive aggressiveness by warning them how sensitive you are.

They already knew that though.

Let me help you understand what I was saying.

Where is the Patriots OC?

Are you implying that our OC is currently still on a active team? Are you saying our OC is gonna come here based on what those who are still in the playoffs do and don't do?

Ya, not buying it.

Going on almost a month here.
I am right there with you on wondering where our OC is. I just think that right now with the position coach/coordinator shuffling around the league and us having no offensive staff right now every other move out there could potentially affect our search.

The Commanders bet the whole load on Johnson. Now he is gone and so are some of the other coaches they probably would have gone to next.

I don't see Belichick as an option. The Commanders just hired the most sought after GM prospect on the market. No way are they going to bring in Belichick and under cut Peters. I know he was a scout under Belichick a long time ago in his early career, but I don't know if he really had much interaction with Belichick as a low level scout. So I don't know if they would be on the same page.

My early favorite for the Commanders job now would be Vrabel.
The Commanders have more Talent on Offense plus the #2 selection. Why wouldn't BB find that appealing??

No. I was helping someone understand that they shouldn't worry about your passive aggressiveness by warning them how sensitive you are.

They already knew that though.
OK? Good for you, little buddy.

Last edited:
Meanwhile second interview with Getsy.
He has a flight to New Orleans tomorrow.
Betting Mayo offers him a place on the staff prior to leaving?
Especially if we wants Fields or Daniels.
I think a Fields trade makes a lot of sense. Fields looked decent enough last year. Getsy signing on as OC would give Fields continuity. If you can get Fields for a 3rd and pick up his 5th year option then you’re set at QB for two years. He won’t amaze you but he’s probably as good as any vet you might bring in and with a higher ceiling if he takes steps forward. Then you can draft MHJ + a tackle and have a halfway decent offense to pair with a good defense. If you still feel like you need to upgrade Fields after this year then you can draft someone next year.

I think a Fields trade makes a lot of sense. Fields looked decent enough last year. Getsy signing on as OC would give Fields continuity. If you can get Fields for a 3rd and pick up his 5th year option then you’re set at QB for two years. He won’t amaze you but he’s probably as good as any vet you might bring in and with a higher ceiling if he takes steps forward. Then you can draft MHJ + a tackle and have a halfway decent offense to pair with a good defense. If you still feel like you need to upgrade Fields after this year then you can draft someone next year.
I wouldn't give more than a 4th for Fields tbh. 2 years max left and I don't think he's good enough of a passer to extend beyond that. Agreed though that he would be on par with a JAG vet.

I wouldn't give more than a 4th for Fields tbh. 2 years max left and I don't think he's good enough of a passer to extend beyond that. Agreed though that he would be on par with a JAG vet.
A 4th is probably fair value but I would extend to a 3rd. Maybe they can do a 2025 3rd instead, and make it a conditional 3rd that becomes a 2nd if he exceeds certain metrics in 2024.

He’ll be taking over as HC of the Lions if “Biff Tannen” Campbell doesn’t cool the jets on going for it when doing so is stupid.
Zero chance Lions fire him in the next few years. He has the coldest seat in the entire NFL.

The Commanders have more Talent on Offense plus the #2 selection. Why wouldn't BB find that appealing??

I don’t think the Commanders would want Belichick. Not the other way around. They just hired Adam Peters to build a team for the future. Belichick is a short term solution.

BBs best job remains with the Giants in 2025 when Daboll gets the axe.

I'd absolutely have no problem with Fields as our QB. He is an upgrade over Jones/Zappe any way you cut it. And like you say...if taking Fields doesn't work out, we'll be right back where we are right now in position to take a QB. I wanted Fields in 2021, but was happy with Mac. Yup, he needs to get better from the pocket...but the kid has wheels for sure though and an ability to make off platform throws...which he will need to in this offense....presently structured.

Where the **** is our OC hire
Pats are 1 of 16 teams changing their OC.
Pats have worse offense of the 16 teams.
Not a top choice destination. Mayo will get it done.

BBs best job remains with the Giants in 2025 when Daboll gets the axe.
I read Bill isn't high on the Giants Owner/FO running the team. Don't be too sure. There was also some BS about Bill not wanting to coach in a major media market. It doesn't get any bigger than NY.

Maybe opens door for BB to Seattle or Washington?
Seattle didn't get rid of a 72 yo coach that had a better record than Bill the last 3 years to sign a 72 yo coach. MacDonald is the top candidate there.

WAS just got rid of an older D minded coach. They're looking for a young offensive coach.

No way in hell BB goes to the Commanders. Even if BB was ok with giving up gm duties I Just can’t see a owner sitting in on coaching meetings with Bill in the room, if the reports are true that is

if taking Fields doesn't work out, we'll be right back where we are right now in position to take a QB
Except we most likely won't have pick 3 to do it with, so will need even more luck to draft a good QB.

I don't see Belichick as an option. The Commanders just hired the most sought after GM prospect on the market. No way are they going to bring in Belichick and under cut Peters. I know he was a scout under Belichick a long time ago in his early career, but I don't know if he really had much interaction with Belichick as a low level scout. So I don't know if they would be on the same page.
Peters still remembers the time Belichick told him to STFU and go pick up his laundry.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back