PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- Amazon considering zero play by play NFL broadcasts

No Joe Buck or Troy Acheman

Where do I sign up.

Unless I am watching on mute or with people, I would find it rather boring. Football is a "slow" sport. Lots of time to kill between plays.

Didn't the networks try this in the 90s? I seem to remember this was a disaster.
Early 1980s.

It was an absolute disaster.

I remember watching a Vikings / Patriots game this way.

Seriously, all you heard was static.

Early 1980s.

It was an absolute disaster.

I remember watching a Vikings / Patriots game this way.

Seriously, all you heard was static.

What good does it serve to not have the chance to complain about how bad the announcers are?

Life isn't as fulfilling if you can't complain about how bad Dan Fouts is.

That would be horrible. You miss a lot on the TV broadcast because you cannot see everything that the color guy will bring up in between downs with video replay.

Hell, even in stadium there is an announcer to give some information.

Can we keep the play-by-play, but mute Terry Bradshaw during the pre-game, halftime and post-game shows?

What's the point of having play by play when anyone with an internet connection (which is everyone who streams amazon) is 3 plays ahead of the broadcast....

Life isn't as fulfilling if you can't complain about how bad Dan Fouts is.
It gave me purpose in life. Ever since he retired/was fired, I have been wandering the streets of Framingham aimlessly.... living off the kindness of strangers.... sleeping under bridges.... crying myself to sleep every night.....

I am totally OK with this but I do find the sideline reporting valuable (injury updates etc) I guess they could just as easily flash a graphic.

But we would lose out on great moments like this.

Who do I complain to if I can't complain about complaining?

And do I need to worry about Bezos disappearing me........or taking away my next day delivery?

Is having "Delivery Privilege" shameful?

Should "Delivery Privilege" be a "natural right" like life, liberty, and broadband?

Why is Alexa acting like such a ***** to me right now?

And why is A I censoring the word ***** ?

Last edited:
I wish that you could choose the video broadcast and have an all 22/stadium perspective option.

It seems like this should be the next evolution of sports broadcasting in this age of high speed streaming. A fully customizable watching experience, where you choose your audio accompaniment, and can choose the standard curated video experience, or you can switch views on the fly to whatever you want. Want the classic experience? It's yours. Want to watch the whole game from the all-22 perspective? Push of a button. Want to experience the whole game purely through Bill Belichick's reactions to things? Sure, why not!

And why is A I censoring the word ***** ?
As a fan of the South Carolina Game*****, I find any censorship outrageous!

Works really well with hockey, because the up tempo action keeps things watchable. not so sure about football.

It gave me purpose in life. Ever since he retired/was fired, I have been wandering the streets of Framingham aimlessly.... living off the kindness of strangers.... sleeping under bridges.... crying myself to sleep every night.....

We know

Dierdorff has provided color commentary on it. He says you need better technique asking for bread.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back