PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Opponent update : Cardinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Palmer today, have to agree he didn't look super impressive. The Brockweiler on the other hand, looks like a starter. He really has hell of an arm.

That rookie receiver of the texans looks good going down the field. Albeit against backup DB's of the cardinals I'm assuming?

I watched Palmer today, have to agree he didn't look super impressive. The Brockweiler on the other hand, looks like a starter. He really has hell of an arm.

Really? I watched Osweiller play like Fitzpatrick with 3 deep shots down field. And a few of those dump offs were poorly thrown for only being a few yards past the LOS.

Fair credit though, his deep throws were accurate, thought the 2nd could have had a little more air on it for it to be uncontested instead of a drop/pbu.

I just haven't seen a 17m QB yet.

Problem is Rex usually gives Pats fits with his Defense.....Blitz pkgs may rattle JG ......Glad it's a home game........ Have to hope D can get some points for him.......Until I see a good outing against the Gints, I have trepidations.....

If we can win week 1 in Arizona I think that takes a HUGE amount of the pressure off both Jimmy and the team as a whole. It basically guarantees a good month.
Lets face it. The first four weeks will not be easy. They will be grind-it-out affairs. 24-20, 21-10, 17-13 games...

You wonder if he will get Jake Delhomme syndrome..

If we can win week 1 in Arizona I think that takes a HUGE amount of the pressure off both Jimmy and the team as a whole. It basically guarantees a good month.
Yeah, pretty much agree with this. They'd only have to grab one of the next three for 2-2, so yeah.

Carson Palmer is an average QB in a good system. Against good teams he folds like a lawn chair.

Firefighters-respond-to-cow-with-chair-on-its-head.jpg

"Excuse me... but can you get Carson Palmer off my neck?"

i think arizona defense will give us some problems as well..its not easy being the road team on SNF on opening day

Carson Palmer is an average QB in a good system. Against good teams he folds like a lawn chair.

Agree. I've been saying this since I joined this forum. It's not hard to confuse Palmer.

Mike Jenkins looks like he's done for the year. Carted off after what looked like a pretty bad non-contact knee injury. That's a significant blow to the Cardinals' CB depth.

Palmer is plenty beatable, he doesn't worry me nearly as much as a QB with his stats usually would. He's prone to imploding when you confuse him. Saw it in the NFCCG, and we can do that to him too. All the better if his confidence is tanked going into week 1 because of today's performance.

It's David Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald that scare me, not so much Palmer.

i kind of laughed during the broadcast when the announcers said that with chandler jones the cardinals finally have a pass rusher teams have to scheme for.

ya, maybe the first half the season, but have they seen hes been nonexistent in the playoffs or against good teams?

i kind of laughed during the broadcast when the announcers said that with chandler jones the cardinals finally have a pass rusher teams have to scheme for.

ya, maybe the first half the season, but have they seen hes been nonexistent in the playoffs or against good teams?

If they "unleash" Jones, just run a cutback to his side. He doesn't set the edge well. Loses discipline all the time.

Imagine BB's internal smile if Thuney dominates Jones the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes