PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One Day In - 4 Solid Players For Us So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched season 2 of Better Call Saul while keeping an eye on the draft on-line to get ready for tonight as Belichick picks his mark, takes his watch and tells him what time it is.
why season 2? Just curious

Tonite can't get here fast enough....the suspense is killing me.....:D

I hope, for once, this late in the draft, BB will throw us a bone and draft someone some of us really want (e.g. Tarell Basham) and that actually fits an immediate need (I think he goes right into the rotation, even though he needs some coaching up). I also like Carl Lawson if available.

I hope, for once, this late in the draft, BB will throw us a bone and draft someone some of us really want (e.g. Tarell Basham) and that actually fits an immediate need (I think he goes right into the rotation, even though he needs some coaching up). I also like Carl Lawson if available.

I'd be thrilled with either of those players...in part because I suspect they'll both be gone. :(

A little thought experiment, everybody: if the best talent available at #72 is at tight end, do you take it?

I would love if the Pats ended up with Teez Tabor. That kid is going to be a quality corner once he gets fully coached up. I would ease him in as a Dime or Nickel corner and let him grow from there.

I would love if the Pats ended up with Teez Tabor. That kid is going to be a quality corner once he gets fully coached up. I would ease him in as a Dime or Nickel corner and let him grow from there.

Teez tabor over sidney jones?

1st Cooks (2 years)
2nd Ealey ( 1 year); actually this only cost a move down of a few roster spots
4th Allen (3 years)
5th Gillislie (2 years)

I don't expect these players to take lots of time to develop. They are not like rookies. They should have reps early in the season.

Of course, we have the "normal" six picks to go.

Tonight, we should be able to an EDGE player at 72 (e.g. Williams, Basham, Anderson) and a guard at 96 (e.g. Magnuson, Siragusa, Asiata)

As much as I like this kind of unconventional thinking re: the draft, I wouldn't just assume that all of those players are going to be re-signed to longer contracts.

I'm curious how Bill is going to replenish the talent on his roster, assuming that there is an exodus of key players ending their rookie deals and entering FA for the first time

I'd be thrilled with either of those players...in part because I suspect they'll both be gone. :(

A little thought experiment, everybody: if the best talent available at #72 is at tight end, do you take it?

Maybe. Yes if his name rhymes with little. ;)

I think the most solid player we got in the yesterdays first round was undoubtedly our own Jimmy G. Finally, yes finally, we know exactly how good this guy is. How he's good enough to some day replace Brady. How he's better than 4-5 high draft picks. How he's truly big in the coaching staff's eyes. We may not know these things, but they do and because they do know, now we do know. So, he was our first round pick, and our second round pick.

As much as I like this kind of unconventional thinking re: the draft, I wouldn't just assume that all of those players are going to be re-signed to longer contracts.

On the flip side, I would not assume Bill would have hit on all of the picks if he kept them. So the question is...Is it better to have 4 players for more money, potentially less time here on the team but WILL be productive or 4 players who MIGHT be productive but offer more upside, are cheaper and MIGHT be here longer.

Overall I think the approach needs to be balanced. They still have 6 picks. Its not like Bill pulled a Mike Ditka and traded his entire draft.

I'm curious how Bill is going to replenish the talent on his roster, assuming that there is an exodus of key players ending their rookie deals and entering FA for the first time

The same way hes been doing it for 17 years. Draft, UFAs, trades, FA, rinse, repeat. Thats the least of my concern.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll do this, but I'm curious: If BB suddenly had a prospect on the board he really coveted, how far up could we trade up with the two thirds?

I don't think we'll do this, but I'm curious: If BB suddenly had a prospect on the board he really coveted, how far up could we trade up with the two thirds?

We could do a bit better or worse, but the chart says #56.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes