PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to the Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary team The Jests (Sarcasm):D:D

Should be a pretty decent game. They are not a good team but not one of those bottom barrel teams either.

Powell has taken over lead back duties and is clearly fresh. Will be a good test for the run D. He is one of those smaller faster backs. Forte has fallen off some. Looked old the last few games.

For receving the RBs do a lot of dmg. Marshall has gotten disinterested. Anderson has stepped up. Bryce loves him (if he plays). Enunwa has been good all year (those WRs are 6'4 6'3 and 6'2 BTW).

They get no help from the TE spot though.

Their D is a bit stingy vs the run but can be passed on. This will be a game Brady passes 40-50 times. Sling it all day.

I am curious to see how this D defends RBs in the flat. Has had issues there all year and will pop up a lot.

Last edited:

Nuff said

They better be careful, don't want somebody Important going down right before the playoffs but damn I'm loving that attitude, not even In '14 did they say that at this point in the season they were resting starters, seems like this year their hell bent on running the table, no point in taming the horse's at this point, but I would limit Bennett against the Jets and sit him out against Miami, considering the injuries he's been fighting thru he will feel like a new man getting 2 weeks off before the divisional round but I don't know if he will agree to it he's a fighter and always seems hell bent on staying on the field but I hope he does what I said it would do wonders for him, we need him fresh for the playoffs.

So overall this should be the gameplan for the next 2 games

If the jets game turns into a blowout, start pulling starters, do just enough to win so run with a conservative approach against the jets, its not the super bowl no need to go lights out, limit Bennett

Same with miami do just enough to win nothing crazy and unnecessary, if it turns into a blowout start pulling starters, sit Bennett all game if possible or limit him severely

I'd suggest Brady not try being a lead blocker again. The defense caught a lot of **** for not de-cleating him last time.

Should be a pretty decent game. They are not a good team but not one of those bottom barrel teams either.

Powell has taken over lead back duties and is clearly fresh. Will be a good test for the run D. He is one of those smaller faster backs. Forte has fallen off some. Looked old the last few games.

For receving the RBs do a lot of dmg. Marshall has gotten disinterested. Anderson has stepped up. Bryce loves him (if he plays). Enunwa has been good all year (those WRs are 6'4 6'3 and 6'2 BTW).

They get no help from the TE spot though.

Their D is a bit stingy vs the run but can be passed on. This will be a game Brady passes 40-50 times. Sling it all day.

I am curious to see how this D defense RBs in the flat. Has had issues there all year and will pop up a lot.

I know most think it'll be a blowout but no way am I taking that team lightly.

I'm thinking 27-13. Another one of those grind it out wins.

Anybody else looking forward to a christmas eve beatdown of the Jets?

I know Joe Namath is looking forward to it (not!):

In his own way, Joe Namath is rather awesome. He's certainly kept us Pats fans entertained for years, both as a player and a commentator. Maybe after I have a few drinks on Saturday, I'll want to kiss him! :)

I'll take a 3-0 Pats to go.

Thank you

They better be careful, don't want somebody Important going down right before the playoffs but damn I'm loving that attitude, not even In '14 did they say that at this point in the season they were resting starters, seems like this year their hell bent on running the table, no point in taming the horse's at this point, but I would limit Bennett against the Jets and sit him out against Miami, considering the injuries he's been fighting thru he will feel like a new man getting 2 weeks off before the divisional round but I don't know if he will agree to it he's a fighter and always seems hell bent on staying on the field but I hope he does what I said it would do wonders for him, we need him fresh for the playoffs.

So overall this should be the gameplan for the next 2 games

If the jets game turns into a blowout, start pulling starters, do just enough to win so run with a conservative approach against the jets, its not the super bowl no need to go lights out, limit Bennett

Same with miami do just enough to win nothing crazy and unnecessary, if it turns into a blowout start pulling starters, sit Bennett all game if possible or limit him severely

I’d rather hear them say that than back off and play conservative/lenient/arrogant. Week 17 in Miami last year taught us everything we need to know.

In his own way, Joe Namath is rather awesome. He's certainly kept us Pats fans entertained for years, both as a player and a commentator. Maybe after I have a few drinks on Saturday, I'll want to kiss him! :)

I would love to sit down at a bar and have a few drinks with Joe Namath. The problem is I have a suspicion once the drinks are brought over he will down them all before i have a chance.

Jets quit Saturday night. I suspect they will revive themselves for the division game in Foxboro. No division game is easy.

Depends if the players want Bowles back or not. Tough to fire a coach after two seasons, but if the team flat out quits on a coach... not much choice there.

I’d rather hear them say that than back off and play conservative/lenient/arrogant. Week 17 in Miami last year taught us everything we need to know.

Not conservative like last year obviously but not lights out neither but if the jets game turns into a blow out pull starters same with miami

Not conservative like last year obviously but not lights out neither but if the jets game turns into a blow out pull starters same with miami

I agree. But no ******ed game schemes, no cute play calling, just play smart, execute, get a good lead, and play to win.

Miami last year was absolutely mind boggling.

Bryce Petty appears to be battling an injury. might still play, but I wouldn't mind seeing Long put a couple of good licks on him.

My company (in Quebec City) has four tickets for the game and they are giving it away (a supplier gave them to us). They asked who wanted to go... I hope I am the only one who said he was interested. Who the hell would want to drive from Quebec City to Foxborough on December 24? I am the only one crazy enough to do it and be back home for dinner on the 25th.

I soooooooooooooo hope I get the tickets.

Jets quit Saturday night. I suspect they will revive themselves for the division game in Foxboro. No division game is easy.

jests quit against the dolts. don't let the 49ers OT win fool you. 49ers are just more of a dumpster fire than they are.

41-10 to the dolts
34-13 to the lolphins

both at home.

This time they don't play a one legged Brady and Pats won't go into this game with a game plan that includes Gronk, which they had to scrap early in the game. That contributed a decent amount to how that game played out.

Given Richardson's video before the game Saturday, i'm gonna guess some of that team doesn't want to be in Foxoboro on a Saturday/Christmas Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back