PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to bye week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecore762

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We have two weeks to wipe away this awful L against the Ravens.
Lots of things to do this bye week.

Harry should be good to go in two weeks.
Our O-line needs to improve.
Defense needs to do better against the run game.
Brady has two weeks to get healthy and rest, same goes for the other Vets on the team.

McDaniels need to come up with better plays for the rest of the team.

fumbles and RZ ineffectiveness were the real killers

at least Sanu looks good.

Think this defense started to buy into their hype. This will bring them back to earth. They will be fine in 2 weeks

more traditional QBs won't be able to do what Baltimore did. Lamar is a beast

The OL won't get better until Wynn returns. It is what it is. They are awful. Nothing can change the fact Newhouse is out there. TE position is killing the team.

The question needs to be asked about this Defense. Were they the beneficiaries of a terrible schedule? Or is this a one off? Because they've been exposed by the two good to great offenses. And it's only going to get tougher from here on out.

more traditional QBs won't be able to do what Baltimore did. Lamar is a beast
Let’s hope we don’t run into him in the playoffs.

Maybe bill should've drafted a TE instead on NKeal NO SHOW Harry

The preseason is over!

Not worried. Haven't we all seen this running QB thing quite a few times before? Jackson isn't even as good as Russell Wilson yet. Greg Roman is a level 1 trickster.

We have lots of holes on the offense such has a thin tight end group.
The rest of the WR Corp has disappeared.

Yep. I mean Mahomes is good but the Ravens are the worst match up possible for this team. Good at forcing turnovers and killing the clock with the run game.

39 carries for 213 yards. You can't win in the NFL with that. Even with the 2007 Pats Offense.

The OL won't get better until Wynn returns. It is what it is. They are awful. Nothing can change the fact Newhouse is out there. TE position is killing the team.

The question needs to be asked about this Defense. Were they the beneficiaries of a terrible schedule? Or is this a one off? Because they've been exposed by the two good to great offenses. And it's only going to get tougher from here on out.

not sure the Browns exposed them.....Ravens did but this is not a conventional offense. Felt like the dolphins game when the wildcat offense destroyed this team.

Eh....I'd rather face Jackson again in the postseason over Watson or Mahomes. His style is going to be exposed very soon. I'm confident the Patriots will meet this team again. At home. And the results will be different.

Run D was low key a concern for me the last few weeks and it finally got completely exposed tonight. I don’t think it’s terrible, but it’s very beatable.

Was also disappointed in the pass rush of Collins/VN although I get you have to play differently against Lamar.

Every team needs to take a page out of the Chargers playbook from the WC playoffs last year. Lamar was completely inept in that one. Gotta find a way to recreate that.

Should of send a first for Howard, and unless they fix the run defense they’ll be one and done in the playoffs.

Ravens played a great game tonight for the most part. Lost of power/pistol, motion bunches w the perhaps the most dangerous running QB ever. Lamar played a great game overall. He controlled & ran his offense to a T. Anyone not giving him credit by now has a clear agenda. Nothing wrong w admitting other teams/players are good. Also please go watch A22 of Lamar if you think he's not that hard to bring down or the Pats should just hit. So much easier then said. Lamar has been avoiding the big shot forever now. He's an impossible mesh cover for LBs & DBs in the open field are still outmatched in most cases.

Pats came out in tempo & looked like 2010-12 except targeting White/11 w Sanu mixed in. It absolutely did have an effect on Balt. Ultimately we shot ourselves in the foot w TO's & penalties & a few dumb mistakes. I said this eariler but Gronk is all the difference. Blocking, tough/easy rec's, RZ ... We need another WR to step up big time. Wynn is obviously huge too. It'll give us some flexibility back in terms of freeing up some guys that wont have help/chip & just give us a much better player.

I also made a point yest I believe that the D could have a game like this & still be good. They are still very good. Balt was smart, disciplined & frankly arent afraid of us like some other teams fold.

Speaking of fold I can't believe some thought this team would fold early on. We lost a game. NOT a big deal. It's how we respond in 2 weeks which matters. This team has 20 years of benefit > doubt & will make a serious run at the SB imo.

Please dont flood this board w trash from the usual suspects tomorrow. They've been wrong way more then right. They literally get together, pick sides, go over talking points, get stuff from info/funny stuff from producers & put on a SHOW. Dont be that guy.

Let's get healthy & enjoy 8-1. Still a top 3-5 team in the league.

Well glad the bye week is here. Really defense has been awesome. Just need to rest up!

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong today. This was just one of those days, the team should be fine after the bye, get healthy, get Harry involved and throw the entire O-line out , LOL. We will be fine .

This was a complete evisceration, bad, can't get really worse...red zone terrible, Brady gave the game away with a God Awful pick - guy was open too...how may times did Brady check down for a 4 yard pass when he had plenty of time? Either his receivers suck and can't get open or pouting Tom doesn't have confidence in his arm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes