PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLine's 2-4 Record Crappiness Stabilized, 7 wins in a row now

I agree about Wynn. He's never seemed completely natural at LT. With his body type, why don't they move him to LG?
He played mostly at G at GA, and some last year.
When Brown is back, he goes to LT, and Onwenu to RT. Now that's worth trying.

Brown - Wynn - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu

Yodney Cajuste played really well in preseason, if he could finally stay healthy he might be an OT option.

I do not think the offensive line played that bad!

1.) we have a rookie qb, who is seeing tons of blitzes.
2.) Jones has to get the ball out quick. Short passing game.
3.) all four opponents we faced wstacking the box.
4.) eight in the box means little running room.

I think until we get the intermediate passing game fixed, defenses will continue to stack the box.

agular, smith and Henry are miserable at getting open in the intermediate passing routes.

we need to sit Harry and call up Wilkerson. Wilkerson, if he does not drop the pass, has good chemistry with Jones in the intermediate passing game, because he gets separation.

If everyone on OL is playing bad, particularly if they were fine a year or two ago, then it's almost surely systemic. I.E. the new OL coach. And no amount of changes to player personnel is going to make a big difference. Hopefully it's just a matter of the players getting used to how the new coach does things. But afaik the new coach is carrying over the thing Dante used to do. Which probably means the current OL coach sucks.

I agree about Wynn. He's never seemed completely natural at LT. With his body type, why don't they move him to LG?

When healthy he's been good at tackle and his skill set favors (footwork, quicks, balance) that position although I thought he'd be a great G coning out. He's been really bad so far but Onwenu has been beaten easily with speed at G & T as well. If coaches thought he could play tackle or was the better option he'd be in there imo with Wynn's injury history.

One thing people should also consider is Bak. He's been the best OT - Top 3-5 OT for years and has almost identical size as Wynn.

I'm not married to anyone or any idea but Wynn Onwenu Andrews Shaq Brown is the way to go. Onwenu was a better G than T last year and his skill set favors G imo.

It's tough bc our OL is supposed to be our biggest strength but we can't throw the papers in the air yet. Esp since Brown had been out. He needs to get his **** together soon, he's missed about a quarter of the season already.

This is something that's been bugging me. Why does this decades running putrid team get ranked ahead of so many teams every year? Something doesn't add up.

Anyway, back to the OL. Ugh is all I have to say.

Yeah good question.

Sad thing is basic stunts beats this Online

This looks like a good lineup, they should try it....

Trent Brown was a durable LT but he doesn't seem to be a durable RT based on his entire career.
Michael Onwenu was a top-10 RT last year, play him there again, hopefully he wasn't ruined this year by the crappy Oline coach and oc.

Send up the bat signal for Dante.

Solution can't be to keep calling old Scar out of retirement. Can someone just stick Popovich in the arm and then re-hire him.

unless the pats pick in the top 10, he’ll be long gone

The Patsies will indeed be picking in the top 10... Book it.

5-12.

Jete, Jags, Fail-cons & Caserios are the Only games this sh!t-show of a franchise will win for the Rest of the Season.

Yea I get what you're saying and appreciate the answer. Too many people just say stuff here lol. But nah Thuney wasn't hiding anything for Wynn. Wynn has just sucked this year.

I've noticed him skidish on certain plays. Not really exploding into his sets but keeping an eye on the inside. He'll leave his drag hand behind. Noticed he's not as good vs power. Nothing glaring but he's been bad.

It's Beyond Obvious now that Thuney had indeed been hiding Wynn's deficiencies. You need to let your membership in the Isaiah Wynn as an Above-Average (or even just average) Starter at LT Fan Club expire.

Yodney Cajuste played really well in preseason, if he could finally stay healthy he might be an OT option.

Has he even been on any injury reports?

Did onwenu get injured or benched

Onwenu was benched for Karras. I mean if they're going to play Karras at LG then put Onwenu at RT !! Oline coach and oc are crazy to bench Onwenu and keep playing Durant/Herron at RT.

It's Beyond Obvious now that Thuney had indeed been hiding Wynn's deficiencies. You need to let your membership in the Isaiah Wynn as an Above-Average (or even just average) Starter at LT Fan Club expire.
Explain in detail how Thuney was hiding Wynn's deficiencies. I'll take answer from the whole class even though it's the sped section.

If everyone on OL is playing bad, particularly if they were fine a year or two ago, then it's almost surely systemic. I.E. the new OL coach. And no amount of changes to player personnel is going to make a big difference. Hopefully it's just a matter of the players getting used to how the new coach does things. But afaik the new coach is carrying over the thing Dante used to do. Which probably means the current OL coach sucks.

Look him up, Bricillo. He was a D3 coach somehow now coaching NFL OLine. What?? Let's stop with the insanity of bringing in obtuse Ohio/Indiana people due to the john carroll connection.

This keeps getting worse. Onwenu and Wynn on the covid list.

At this point I want Mac to sit. Kid is going to get killed.

The first 4 weeks couldn't have gone worse for the management of the OLine.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back