PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Oh right, he played for the Patriots."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinatieri

I root against all success for any scum sucking bottom feeder Colts player then I remember hey Vinatieri played a key role in kicking off (lol) our dynasty.

Screw him anyway. Til he retires.
Maybe you should get a Vinatieri jersey....

Maybe you should get a Vinatieri jersey....
Joking aside I don't think you can. Well, not a new one at least. I found this out the hard way when I wanted a white 21 Butler jersey after he went to Tennessee. They won't make it. The same probably holds true for AV at least until he retires

Kevin Kasper, wide reciever

Andy big cat Katzenmoyer who I heard liked too much powda... Kliff freaking Kingsbury, Chris Simms

Big Cat was sort of stopped before he really even got started, reminds me of Robert Edwards that way. Man, the future looked bright when we drafted him. Flashback: everybody wanted "triplets" to build around. Clearly, that was Drew, Terry Glenn, and Curtis Martin. Winning formula, right? Plus we had the Tuna, right? Okay Tuna blows it up, Martin goes with him... OMG what will we ever do. The answer was Robert Edwards. All was still right with the world. Then he has the freak injury at Pro Bowl week playing touch football at the beach.

I wonder if we would have been more successful in the early 2Ks with him (rather than Antowain Smith.) I doubt it. When your result is an outlier in the positive sense, probably adjusting any particular factor would produce the same results at best. (Example: what if we see Edwards' success and never decide Brady should carry the team on his back, "no need to put him in that position.") As it really happened, TFB was what everything ran through, not some role player, fairly quickly (despite morons from Indy etc. talking about how he's a "system QB")

Anyone mention Fred Davis TE from redskins? I believe he was cut in training camp.

Big Cat and Robert Edwards are still in my mind as huge potential playiers for a long long time...pity it ended in a different way...:(

Tim Dwight
Artrell Hawkins
Brandon Gorin
Gary Guyton
Brandon McGowan

Three that never made it out of camp (so shouldn't count) would be Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, and Tim Tebow.

But as for guys who actually suited up for a game, I'd say.....

James Harrison
Chad Ochocinco

Gronk's brother?

I've been a fan of this team since I was 10 in the mid-80s.

From time to time I come across articles or comments that remind me, holy **** Fred Taylor was a member of our team for 2 seasons. Henry Ellard wore the flying Elvis. Fred Smerlas played for us.

Anyone stand out as guys who played briefly at the beginning or end of their careers or whatever who might not rush to memory?

About half of these guys:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes