PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Thread for Those Going to Indianapolis for Super Bowl XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked a RT flight to Chicago for $117, got a car on priceline for $7/day and am staying with friends, who my wife and I planned to visit at some point. I convinced her months ago to plan our visit on SB weekend just in case. I'll try to buy tickets on game day if they fall to face value or less. If not I'll try to watch the game at a bar, preferably with Pats fans. Sorry if you don't agree w/my plans.

Doing the same thing here... Never been to the super bowl and tickets to fly to chicago were dirt cheap and have friends in the indy area. Best case scenario would be getting a ticket to the game but will probably will end up at a bar downtown hopefully with pats fans. Just don't want to pay a hefty cover - they'll make enough off us from our bar tab!

Anyone thinking about taking an RV to Indy?

Yeah, hopefully the city isn't as crappy as the song.

I'm envious you're going. If you happen upon another ticket and take me along I'll pay face value and be real nice to you here on Patsfans. ;)

Okay - I have an update for everyone traveling to Indianapolis looking for a place to watch the game, or to hang out in the days leading up to the game.

Due to feedback we have received on this thread as well as some e-mails from Barry's PatsTG group we've learned that the prices weren't really feasible for the average fan. With that in mind we are lowering admission prices for both non-game and game nights. The bar can accommodate around 100 people - we want them all to be Patriots fans.

Instead of the $200 cover charge including $50 in food and drinks, The Stadium Tavern will be accepting reservations for game day for $100 per person - included in that is $25 in food/drinks. That guarantees you a place to watch the game. We will also accept walk-ins, however neither the price nor availability is guaranteed without a reservation.

On the days/nights before the game the minimum $50 purchase has been reduced to $25

There will be an official party Thursday night before the game for Patriots fans to meet one another and have a good time. Hopefully some media types and the PFW guys can make it out as well. The same $25 minimum purchase applies for that night. If you would like to attend the party please let me know in advance so I can determine whether or not we should do a guest list. I don't want to leave disappointed fans out in the cold (literally)

For more information - or to reserve a spot please email me [email protected]

Here are a couple news stories WPRI in Rhode Island has run about the bar:
Indianapolis Club for Pats Fans Only

Indy Bar Owner Welcoming Pats Fans

And again to give perspective on our location, this is the view from the sidewalk in front of The Stadium Tavern.
stadiumtavern.jpg

Hopefully this opens up options for some of you who were unsure of what you wanted to do leading up to and/or during the game.

GO PATS!

Why Thursday night for a get together? I would be surprised if most of us traveling to Indy would be there before Friday. How about changing the party to Friday night? Just not Saturday / don't want to be hungover for the game!!
Thoughts anybody? $25 minimum is reasonable and looks like a good place to meet up.

Why Thursday night for a get together? I would be surprised if most of us traveling to Indy would be there before Friday. How about changing the party to Friday night? Just not Saturday / don't want to be hungover for the game!!
Thoughts anybody? $25 minimum is reasonable and looks like a good place to meet up.

That's a possibility - let me hear back from Fred Kirsch once he gets into town and we'll see what works best for everyone.

With just a little over a week to go, there are still over 3000 tickets available on stubhub. Good luck to those waiting for prices go down.

Ace ticket guy was on felger and mazz today.
He said that the last 4 super bowls, prices never went down after thursday/friday on the week before.
Maybe being in Indy wont be the same.
I swear people were getting decent deals near game time in Arizona.
I was in Houston and I saw one ticket sold for 1200 on the street and never saw another ticket sold that day.
Goodluck to all.

Ace ticket guy was on felger and mazz today.
He said that the last 4 super bowls, prices never went down after thursday/friday on the week before.
Maybe being in Indy wont be the same.
I swear people were getting decent deals near game time in Arizona.
I was in Houston and I saw one ticket sold for 1200 on the street and never saw another ticket sold that day.
Goodluck to all.

That guy had a lot of incorrect information. He said the cheapest face-value ticket is $900; it's $600. He also said prices dip on Thursday/Friday the first week then go up from there. The real dip starts in the second week as it gets harder for prospective buyers to make travel plans. Couldn't believe he was the best "expert" they could find.

I'm envious you're going. If you happen upon another ticket and take me along I'll pay face value and be real nice to you here on Patsfans. ;)

I wish I could make it happen, bro! Right now I'm still going solo. Maybe I'll take my father or wife if I can find a decently priced ticket. You'll be # 3 on the list.

I got lucky and found a cheap apartment 7 blocks from the stadium. It's owned by my wife's friend's friend.

That guy had a lot of incorrect information. He said the cheapest face-value ticket is $900; it's $600. He also said prices dip on Thursday/Friday the first week then go up from there. The real dip starts in the second week as it gets harder for prospective buyers to make travel plans. Couldn't believe he was the best "expert" they could find.

Yeah, I think he was looking out for his best interests. He wanted to push his travel packages and felger stopped that.
I thought that 900 was the cheapest though.

Things to do in Indy

For those of you going to Indy for the game here are a few ideas of suggestions of where to go while in town.

1) A trip to Indianapolis should not be done without visiting the world's greatest race course. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is just a few miles west of downtown Indy. Admission into the Speedway's museum ranges from $3-5 (and track tours are not much more). The 100 year old course has hosted the Indy 500 (Indycar), nascar, moto gp (bikes), and F1. You don't need to be a race car fan to enjoy one of America's greatest treasures. Indianapolis Motor Speedway

2) Places to eat
- Jonathan Byrd's (South side of town)
-http://www.96thstreetsteakburgers.com/ (North side of town)
-http://www.bubsburgersandicecream.com/ (North side/ as seen on Man vs. food)
-For those who want a nice meal it's all about St. Elmo right in downtown. St Elmo Steak House

3) There are a lot of things within walking distance of Lucas Oil stadium.Never a dull moment in the downtown area.

5) Hope I gave a few helpful tips and good luck

Re: Things to do in Indy

For those of you going to Indy for the game here are a few ideas of suggestions of where to go while in town.

1) A trip to Indianapolis should not be done without visiting the world's greatest race course. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is just a few miles west of downtown Indy. Admission into the Speedway's museum ranges from $3-5 (and track tours are not much more). The 100 year old course has hosted the Indy 500 (Indycar), nascar, moto gp (bikes), and F1. You don't need to be a race car fan to enjoy one of America's greatest treasures. Indianapolis Motor Speedway

2) Places to eat
- Jonathan Byrd's (South side of town)
-http://www.96thstreetsteakburgers.com/ (North side of town)
-http://www.bubsburgersandicecream.com/ (North side/ as seen on Man vs. food)
-For those who want a nice meal it's all about St. Elmo right in downtown. St Elmo Steak House

3) There are a lot of things within walking distance of Lucas Oil stadium.Never a dull moment in the downtown area.

5) Hope I gave a few helpful tips and good luck

Don't forget the Rolling Stone Party the night before the Game - this will be a Big Bash with Big Fun, Big Names and Big Drinking/Dining - 5 hour Top Shelf open bar -

Event - Bacardi Bash | Rolling Stone Rock Weekend

Tickets - Rolling Stone hosts The Bacardi Bash - Super bowl- Eventbrite

See ya there!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, I think he was looking out for his best interests.

Pretty embarrassing that they even brought in an Ace Ticket scalper...sorry, broker, to ask "should fans pony up whatever price you're asking for tickets RIGHT NOW, or cut you out by trying to pick up a cheap ticket in Indy?"

:rolleyes:

"Up next, your local Budweiser distributor will weigh in on the pressing question of whether you should serve only Bud, and lots of it, at your Superbowl party."

Last edited:
Pretty embarrassing that they even brought in an Ace Ticket scalper...sorry, broker, to ask "should fans pony up whatever price you're asking for tickets RIGHT NOW, or cut you out by trying to pick up a cheap ticket in Indy?"

"Up next, your local Budweiser distributor will weigh in on the pressing question of whether you should serve only Bud, and lots of it, at your Superbowl party."

The bad thing is ticket prices have gone up the past few days. Very frustrating trying to get tickets. Then they gouge you with the fees on top. 2 tickets for $2700 each are actually just under $3200 each with the fees they charge. I just can't believe people are paying these prices, but maybe they are.

I'm thinking about looking for a hotel in Kokomo. Any comments about that from those in the know?

There are a lot of hotels in Kokomo- and it's a straight shot down into Indy via route 31. Just fyi - I'm hearing the traffic is already getting bad in downtown Indy as people are coming in for various Super Bowl related events. You may very well want to seek out a park n ride option on game day - and get an early start.

You are the best.

There are a lot of hotels in Kokomo- and it's a straight shot down into Indy via route 31. Just fyi - I'm hearing the traffic is already getting bad in downtown Indy as people are coming in for various Super Bowl related events. You may very well want to seek out a park n ride option on game day - and get an early start.

Thanks for the info, Ken. I lucked out and found an apartment 7 blocks from the stadium, but I'm sure this will be useful to others still looking for a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes